Program: Computer Science (MS)
Date: Thu Sep 27, 2012 - 9:13:42 am
1) Below are your program's student learning outcomes (SLOs). Please update as needed.
These SLOs have been officially approved by the ICS faculty and are posted on our Web site.
The ICS M.S. graduate program provides courses for advanced education in Computer Science and affords opportunities to conduct research. Our objective is to help students achieve a high level of professional competence and lifelong learning, with the following Student Learning Objectives:
Master core computer science theoretical concepts, practices and technologies;
Identify, formulate and solve problems employing knowledge within the discipline;
Contribute effectively to collaborative team oriented activities;
Communicate effectively about computer science topics using appropriate media;
Demonstrate advanced knowledge in an area of specialization within the discipline;
Engage in significant research in their area of specialization within the discipline and/or in projects that respond to community and industry needs.
2) Your program's SLOs are published as follows. Please update as needed.
Student Handbook. URL, if available online:
Information Sheet, Flyer, or Brochure URL, if available online: http://www.ics.hawaii.edu/academics/slos/ICS-GradPrograms-SLOs.pdf
UHM Catalog. Page Number:
Course Syllabi. URL, if available online: NA
3) Select one option:
- File (03/16/2020)
4) For your program, the percentage of courses that have course SLOs explicitly stated on the syllabus, a website, or other publicly available document is as follows. Please update as needed.
5) Did your program engage in any program assessment activities between June 1, 2011 and September 30, 2012? (e.g., establishing/revising outcomes, aligning the curriculum to outcomes, collecting evidence, interpreting evidence, using results, revising the assessment plan, creating surveys or tests, etc.)
No (skip to question 14)
6) For the period June 1, 2011 to September 30, 2012: State the assessment question(s) and/or assessment goals. Include the SLOs that were targeted, if applicable.
7) State the type(s) of evidence gathered to answer the assessment question and/or meet the assessment goals that were given in Question #6.
8) State how many persons submitted evidence that was evaluated. If applicable, please include the sampling technique used.
9) Who interpreted or analyzed the evidence that was collected? (Check all that apply.)
Ad hoc faculty group
Persons or organization outside the university
Advisors (in student support services)
Students (graduate or undergraduate)
Other: Graduate Chair
10) How did they evaluate, analyze, or interpret the evidence? (Check all that apply.)
Used professional judgment (no rubric or scoring guide used)
Compiled survey results
Used qualitative methods on interview, focus group, open-ended response data
External organization/person analyzed data (e.g., external organization administered and scored the nursing licensing exam)