Program: Professional Educational Practice (EdD)
Date: Mon Sep 24, 2012 - 1:21:38 pm
1) Below are your program's student learning outcomes (SLOs). Please update as needed.
- Outcome One: Leaders in professional educational practice work collaboratively to solve problems and implement plans of action
- Outcome Two: Leaders in professional educational practice are able to apply research skills to bring about improvements in practice.
- Outcome Three: Leaders in professional educational practice can reflect critically and ethically on matters of educational importance.
- Outcome Four: Leaders in professional educational practice are able to take a broad, interdisciplinary perspective on a wide variety of educational issues
2) Your program's SLOs are published as follows. Please update as needed.
Student Handbook. URL, if available online: NA
Information Sheet, Flyer, or Brochure URL, if available online: NA
UHM Catalog. Page Number:
Course Syllabi. URL, if available online:
3) Select one option:
- File (03/16/2020)
4) For your program, the percentage of courses that have course SLOs explicitly stated on the syllabus, a website, or other publicly available document is as follows. Please update as needed.
5) Did your program engage in any program assessment activities between June 1, 2011 and September 30, 2012? (e.g., establishing/revising outcomes, aligning the curriculum to outcomes, collecting evidence, interpreting evidence, using results, revising the assessment plan, creating surveys or tests, etc.)
No (skip to question 14)
6) For the period June 1, 2011 to September 30, 2012: State the assessment question(s) and/or assessment goals. Include the SLOs that were targeted, if applicable.
7) State the type(s) of evidence gathered to answer the assessment question and/or meet the assessment goals that were given in Question #6.
8) State how many persons submitted evidence that was evaluated. If applicable, please include the sampling technique used.
9) Who interpreted or analyzed the evidence that was collected? (Check all that apply.)
10) How did they evaluate, analyze, or interpret the evidence? (Check all that apply.)
11) For the assessment question(s) and/or assessment goal(s) stated in Question #6:
Summarize the actual results.
12) State how the program used the results or plans to use the results. Please be specific.
13) Beyond the results, were there additional conclusions or discoveries?
This can include insights about assessment procedures, teaching and learning, program aspects and so on.
14) If the program did not engage in assessment activities, please explain.
Or, if the program did engage in assessment activities, please add any other important information here.
The EdD program began with the first cohort of students in Fall 2011. During this three year cohort experince, the first major assessment will be undertaken in December 2012 (See EdD Assessment Plan). This is an assessment of the group consultancy project.