Program: Plant & Environmental Protection Sci (BS)
Date: Wed Oct 17, 2012 - 11:21:54 am
1) Below are your program's student learning outcomes (SLOs). Please update as needed.
1. Students will demonstrate understanding of the biology, ecology, and impact of pest and beneficial organisms.
2. Students will demonstrate an understanding of the environment as a complex and changing system.
3. Students will be able to diagnose problems in environmental systems and develop management plans.
4. Students will be able to communicate (oral, written) effectively about plant and environmental protection.
5. Students will demonstrate the ability to collect, manage, present, and critically interpret data and information in an ethical way.
2) Your program's SLOs are published as follows. Please update as needed.
Student Handbook. URL, if available online:
Information Sheet, Flyer, or Brochure URL, if available online:
UHM Catalog. Page Number:
Course Syllabi. URL, if available online:
Other: The SLO's have just been revised and have not yet been posted on the department website. We anticipate addition of the SLOs to the website and course syllabi.
3) Select one option:
- File (03/16/2020)
4) For your program, the percentage of courses that have course SLOs explicitly stated on the syllabus, a website, or other publicly available document is as follows. Please update as needed.
5) Did your program engage in any program assessment activities between June 1, 2011 and September 30, 2012? (e.g., establishing/revising outcomes, aligning the curriculum to outcomes, collecting evidence, interpreting evidence, using results, revising the assessment plan, creating surveys or tests, etc.)
No (skip to question 14)
6) For the period June 1, 2011 to September 30, 2012: State the assessment question(s) and/or assessment goals. Include the SLOs that were targeted, if applicable.
We completely revised the SLO's for our program and have begun the process of creating a new curriculum matrix.
7) State the type(s) of evidence gathered to answer the assessment question and/or meet the assessment goals that were given in Question #6.
8) State how many persons submitted evidence that was evaluated. If applicable, please include the sampling technique used.
9) Who interpreted or analyzed the evidence that was collected? (Check all that apply.)
Ad hoc faculty group
Persons or organization outside the university
Advisors (in student support services)
Students (graduate or undergraduate)
10) How did they evaluate, analyze, or interpret the evidence? (Check all that apply.)
Used professional judgment (no rubric or scoring guide used)
Compiled survey results
Used qualitative methods on interview, focus group, open-ended response data
External organization/person analyzed data (e.g., external organization administered and scored the nursing licensing exam)
11) For the assessment question(s) and/or assessment goal(s) stated in Question #6:
Summarize the actual results.
12) State how the program used the results or plans to use the results. Please be specific.
13) Beyond the results, were there additional conclusions or discoveries?
This can include insights about assessment procedures, teaching and learning, program aspects and so on.
14) If the program did not engage in assessment activities, please explain.
Or, if the program did engage in assessment activities, please add any other important information here.
It is our plan over the next year to engage in further assessment of the program and potential revision of the curriculum with respect to the new SLO's for the program.