Program: Tropical Plant & Soil Sci (MS)
Date: Wed Nov 03, 2010 - 10:54:51 am
1) Below are the program student learning outcomes submitted last year. Please add/delete/modify as needed.
MS in Tropical Plant and Soil Sciences:
1. A diagnostic exam is required for all students. The exam is used to determine appropriate course work for the student.
2. Plan A students must pass a final oral exam and complete original research culminating in a thesis.
3. Plan B students complete an original project culminating in a Plan B paper.
4. Plan C students take a final exam to complete the program.
5. Master's degree students are not required to pass any comprehensive examinations.
2) As of last year, your program's SLOs were published as follows. Please update as needed.
Student Handbook. URL, if available online:
Information Sheet, Flyer, or Brochure URL, if available online:
UHM Catalog. Page Number: 356-357
Course Syllabi. URL, if available online: http://www.ctahr.hawaii.edu/ctahr2001/tpss/courselist.html
3) Below is the link to your program's curriculum map (if submitted in 2009). If it has changed or if we do not have your program's curriculum map, please upload it as a PDF.
4) The percentage of courses in 2009 that had course SLOs explicitly stated on the syllabus, a website, or other publicly available document is indicated below. Please update as needed.
5) State the assessment question(s) and/or goals of the assessment activity. Include the SLOs that were targeted, if applicable.
6) State the type(s) of evidence gathered.
7) Who interpreted or analyzed the evidence that was collected?
Ad hoc faculty group
Persons or organization outside the university
Advisors (in student support services)
Students (graduate or undergraduate)
8) How did they evaluate, analyze, or interpret the evidence?
Used professional judgment (no rubric or scoring guide used)
Compiled survey results
Used qualitative methods on interview, focus group, open-ended response data
External organization/person analyzed data (e.g., external organization administered and scored the nursing licensing exam)
9) State how many persons submitted evidence that was evaluated.
If applicable, please include the sampling technique used.
10) Summarize the actual results.
11) How did your program use the results? --or-- Explain planned use of results.
Please be specific.
12) Beyond the results, were there additional conclusions or discoveries? This can include insights about assessment procedures, teaching and learning, program aspects and so on.
13) Other important information:
NO resources provided to carry out the assessment. Lost 25% of faculty last two years along with budget cuts in operations.