Program: Travel Industry Mgt (MS)
Date: Thu Oct 14, 2010 - 12:04:38 pm
1) Below are the program student learning outcomes submitted last year. Please add/delete/modify as needed.
Note: TIM is focusing on developing an assessment system for its undergraduate program first, and will move to its graduate program thereafter. Thus, only the SLOs are applicable in this section.
List your program’s student learning objectives (SLOs).
1. Effective Communication
- Students can employ communication skills effectively to accomplish organizational and professional objectives.
2. Leadership and Teamwork
- Students can demonstrate leadership.
- Students can work effectively, respectfully, and professionally as a team member.
3. Critical and Creative Thinking
- Students can analyze situations and develop alternative options to resolve identified issues.
- Students can select appropriate information to develop reliable, valid, and logical arguments.
4. Knowledge and Global Perspective
- From a global perspective, students can explain and apply the principles of travel industry management and of hospitality, tourism, and/or transportation management.
5. Ethics and Stewardship
- Students can demonstrate integrity and ethical behavior.
- Students can comprehend the importance of host cultures to the global travel industry and apply sustainable practices.
2) As of last year, your program's SLOs were published as follows. Please update as needed.
Student Handbook. URL, if available online:
Information Sheet, Flyer, or Brochure URL, if available online:
UHM Catalog. Page Number:
Course Syllabi. URL, if available online:
3) Below is the link to your program's curriculum map (if submitted in 2009). If it has changed or if we do not have your program's curriculum map, please upload it as a PDF.
4) The percentage of courses in 2009 that had course SLOs explicitly stated on the syllabus, a website, or other publicly available document is indicated below. Please update as needed.
5) State the assessment question(s) and/or goals of the assessment activity. Include the SLOs that were targeted, if applicable.
6) State the type(s) of evidence gathered.
7) Who interpreted or analyzed the evidence that was collected?
Ad hoc faculty group
Persons or organization outside the university
Advisors (in student support services)
Students (graduate or undergraduate)
8) How did they evaluate, analyze, or interpret the evidence?
Used professional judgment (no rubric or scoring guide used)
Compiled survey results
Used qualitative methods on interview, focus group, open-ended response data
External organization/person analyzed data (e.g., external organization administered and scored the nursing licensing exam)