Program: Marine Option (Undergrad Cert)
Degree: Certificate, Undergraduate
Date: Fri Nov 19, 2010 - 11:18:34 am
1) Below are the program student learning outcomes submitted last year. Please add/delete/modify as needed.
1) Prepare a resume tailored to their individual career goal(s).
2) Write a proposal to support their involvement in a marine‐related activity,
regardless of the area of specialization.
3) Conduct a marine‐related activity supervised by a mentor that incorporates their
academic or career interests.
4) Communicate their learning in a public forum.
2) As of last year, your program's SLOs were published as follows. Please update as needed.
Student Handbook. URL, if available online:
Information Sheet, Flyer, or Brochure URL, if available online:
UHM Catalog. Page Number:
Course Syllabi. URL, if available online:
3) Below is the link to your program's curriculum map (if submitted in 2009). If it has changed or if we do not have your program's curriculum map, please upload it as a PDF.
- File (03/16/2020)
4) The percentage of courses in 2009 that had course SLOs explicitly stated on the syllabus, a website, or other publicly available document is indicated below. Please update as needed.
5) State the assessment question(s) and/or goals of the assessment activity. Include the SLOs that were targeted, if applicable.
6) State the type(s) of evidence gathered.
7) Who interpreted or analyzed the evidence that was collected?
Ad hoc faculty group
Persons or organization outside the university
Advisors (in student support services)
Students (graduate or undergraduate)
8) How did they evaluate, analyze, or interpret the evidence?
Used professional judgment (no rubric or scoring guide used)
Compiled survey results
Used qualitative methods on interview, focus group, open-ended response data
External organization/person analyzed data (e.g., external organization administered and scored the nursing licensing exam)