Program: Molecular Biosciences & Bioengineering (PhD)
Date: Thu Dec 03, 2009 - 4:36:52 pm
1) List your program's student learning outcomes (SLOs).
1. High percentage of degree completion
2. Completing degree in timely manner (4-6 years)
3. Number of publications by the students
4. Number of oral and poster presentations in local, national and international symposium
5. Awards received by students
2) Where are your program's SLOs published?
Student Handbook. URL, if available online: http://www.ctahr.hawaii.edu/mbbe/graduate_program.html
Information Sheet, Flyer, or Brochure URL, if available online: http://www.ctahr.hawaii.edu/mbbe/graduate_program.html
UHM Catalog. Page Number:
Course Syllabi. URL, if available online:
3) Upload your program's current curriculum map(s) as a PDF.
- File (03/16/2020)
4) What percentage of courses have the course SLOs explicitly stated on the course syllabus, department website, or other publicly available document? (Check one)
5) State the SLO(s) that was Assessed, Targeted, or Studied
6) State the Assessment Question(s) and/or Goal(s) of Assessment Activity
7) State the Type(s) of Evidence Gathered
The program was never assessed in this way before.
8) State How the Evidence was Interpreted, Evaluated, or Analyzed
9) State How Many Pieces of Evidence Were Collected
10) Summarize the Actual Results
11) Briefly Describe the Distribution and Discussion of Results
12) Describe Conclusions and Discoveries
13) Use of Results/Program Modifications: State How the Program Used the Results --or-- Explain Planned Use of Results
14) Reflect on the Assessment Process
15) Other Important Information
16) FOR DISTANCE PROGRAMS ONLY: Explain how your program/department has adapted its assessment of student learning in the on-campus program to assess student learning in the distance education program.
17) FOR DISTANCE PROGRAMS ONLY: Summarize the actual student learning assessment results that compare the achievement of students in the on-campus program to students in the distance education program.