Program: Developmental & Reproductive Biology (MS)
Date: Thu Nov 05, 2009 - 2:59:44 pm
1) List your program's student learning outcomes (SLOs).
- To train educators in Developmental & Reproductive Biology to carry out the health science education mission of the Manoa campus (including the medical school), the Hilo campus, our community colleges, and colleges throughout the Pacific basin and elsewhere
- To train researchers in Developmental & Reproductive Biology who will contribute to human welfare in Hawaii and elsewhere through the creation of new knowledge
- To provide a sound Developmental & Reproductive Biology background for persons who will work with the public in Hawaii and elsewhere in the medical science or basic science fields, or other capacities.
2) Where are your program's SLOs published?
Student Handbook. URL, if available online:
Information Sheet, Flyer, or Brochure URL, if available online:
UHM Catalog. Page Number:
Course Syllabi. URL, if available online:
3) Upload your program's current curriculum map(s) as a PDF.
- File (03/16/2020)
4) What percentage of courses have the course SLOs explicitly stated on the course syllabus, department website, or other publicly available document? (Check one)
5) State the SLO(s) that was Assessed, Targeted, or Studied
The Developmental & Reproductive Biology (DRB) Graduate Program is a new program that just began in the Fall of 2009. Therefore, we have not yet had the opportunity to assess any of the SLOs at this time.
Questions 5-14 will be answered in all subsequent annual assessments.
6) State the Assessment Question(s) and/or Goal(s) of Assessment Activity
7) State the Type(s) of Evidence Gathered
8) State How the Evidence was Interpreted, Evaluated, or Analyzed
9) State How Many Pieces of Evidence Were Collected
10) Summarize the Actual Results
11) Briefly Describe the Distribution and Discussion of Results
12) Describe Conclusions and Discoveries
13) Use of Results/Program Modifications: State How the Program Used the Results --or-- Explain Planned Use of Results
14) Reflect on the Assessment Process
15) Other Important Information
16) FOR DISTANCE PROGRAMS ONLY: Explain how your program/department has adapted its assessment of student learning in the on-campus program to assess student learning in the distance education program.
17) FOR DISTANCE PROGRAMS ONLY: Summarize the actual student learning assessment results that compare the achievement of students in the on-campus program to students in the distance education program.