Program: Ethnobotany (BS)
Date: Thu Sep 24, 2009 - 1:47:51 pm
1) List your program's student learning outcomes (SLOs).
1. Students can define and describe the evolution, anatomy, morphology, systematics, genetics, physiology and ecology of plants.
2. Describe the unique ecological and evolutionary features of the Hawaiian flora.
3. Students can identify and analyze scientific problems and environmental issues using oral and written communication skills.
4. Students can generate and test hypothesis, make observations, and collect data in the laboratory and in the field and analyze and interpret these results, derive conclusions, and report their findings.
5. Demonstrate expertise in contemporary research methods.6. Describe how all scientific knowledge is continually developing and is dynamic; students can find new information and compare it with existing information.
2) Where are your program's SLOs published?
Student Handbook. URL, if available online:
Information Sheet, Flyer, or Brochure URL, if available online:
UHM Catalog. Page Number:
Course Syllabi. URL, if available online:
3) Upload your program's current curriculum map(s) as a PDF.
- File (03/16/2020)
4) What percentage of courses have the course SLOs explicitly stated on the course syllabus, department website, or other publicly available document? (Check one)
5) State the SLO(s) that was Assessed, Targeted, or Studied
6) State the Assessment Question(s) and/or Goal(s) of Assessment Activity
7) State the Type(s) of Evidence Gathered
8) State How the Evidence was Interpreted, Evaluated, or Analyzed
9) State How Many Pieces of Evidence Were Collected
10) Summarize the Actual Results
11) Briefly Describe the Distribution and Discussion of Results
12) Describe Conclusions and Discoveries
13) Use of Results/Program Modifications: State How the Program Used the Results --or-- Explain Planned Use of Results
14) Reflect on the Assessment Process
15) Other Important Information
16) FOR DISTANCE PROGRAMS ONLY: Explain how your program/department has adapted its assessment of student learning in the on-campus program to assess student learning in the distance education program.
17) FOR DISTANCE PROGRAMS ONLY: Summarize the actual student learning assessment results that compare the achievement of students in the on-campus program to students in the distance education program.