Program: Animal Science (MS)
Date: Mon Oct 05, 2015 - 1:54:41 pm
1) Below are your program's student learning outcomes (SLOs). Please update as needed.
1. Develop research skills and applied knowledge in animal-based working environment;
2. Demonstrate effective communication skills;
3. Demonstrate strong scientific analytic skills in animal-based projects;
4. Meet the courses and/or thesis requirements of the graduate program.
1) Institutional Learning Objectives (ILOs) and Program Student Learning Outcomes (SLOs)
2) Your program's SLOs are published as follows. Please update as needed.
Student Handbook. URL, if available online: http://www.ctahr.hawaii.edu/hnfas/degrees/grad/ansc.html
Information Sheet, Flyer, or Brochure URL, if available online: http://www.ctahr.hawaii.edu/hnfas/degrees/grad/ansc.html
UHM Catalog. Page Number:
Course Syllabi. URL, if available online: http://www.catalog.hawaii.edu/courses/departments/ansc.htm
3) Please review, add, replace, or delete the existing curriculum map.
- File (03/16/2020)
4) For your program, the percentage of courses that have course SLOs explicitly stated on the syllabus, a website, or other publicly available document is as follows. Please update as needed.
5) Did your program engage in any program learning assessment activities between June 1, 2014 and September 30, 2015?
6) What best describes the program-level learning assessment activities that took place for the period June 1, 2014 to September 30, 2015? (Check all that apply.)
7) Briefly explain the assessment activities that took place in the last 18 months.
8) What types of evidence did the program use as part of the assessment activities checked in question 6? (Check all that apply.)
9) State the number of students (or persons) who submitted evidence that was evaluated. If applicable, please include the sampling technique used.
10) Who interpreted or analyzed the evidence that was collected? (Check all that apply.)
11) How did they evaluate, analyze, or interpret the evidence? (Check all that apply.)
12) Summarize the results of the assessment activities checked in question 6. For example, report the percent of students who achieved each SLO.
13) What best describes how the program used the results? (Check all that apply.)
14) Please briefly describe how the program used the results.
15) Beyond the results, were there additional conclusions or discoveries? This can include insights about assessment procedures, teaching and learning, and great achievements regarding program assessment in this reporting period.
16) If the program did not engage in assessment activities, please explain.
1. Need support from ANSC faculty and deaprtment assistance to look at the program and feedback from current graduate students and prevously graduates.
2. Funding sources or stuent help for assisting graduate chaire for the graduate program;