Program: Chemistry (BA, BS)
Date: Fri Oct 16, 2009 - 4:09:41 pm
1) List your program's student learning outcomes (SLOs).
see curriculum map
2) Where are your program's SLOs published?
Student Handbook. URL, if available online:
Information Sheet, Flyer, or Brochure URL, if available online:
UHM Catalog. Page Number:
Course Syllabi. URL, if available online:
3) Upload your program's current curriculum map(s) as a PDF.
- File (03/16/2020)
4) What percentage of courses have the course SLOs explicitly stated on the course syllabus, department website, or other publicly available document? (Check one)
5) State the SLO(s) that was Assessed, Targeted, or Studied
6) State the Assessment Question(s) and/or Goal(s) of Assessment Activity
7) State the Type(s) of Evidence Gathered
8) State How the Evidence was Interpreted, Evaluated, or Analyzed
9) State How Many Pieces of Evidence Were Collected
10) Summarize the Actual Results
11) Briefly Describe the Distribution and Discussion of Results
12) Describe Conclusions and Discoveries
13) Use of Results/Program Modifications: State How the Program Used the Results --or-- Explain Planned Use of Results
We have completed a revision of our third and fourth year curriculum affecting two of the capstione courses that we intend to use for assessment. Both were expanded from half-semester duration to full semester length by combination with course content from an abolished course. The first of these two courses is being taught for the first time this semester (Fall 09) and the second will be taught for the first time in Spring 2010. Emphasis right now is on development of these courses so that they may be used for assessment in the 10/11 or 11/12 academic year. The third capstone course has been taught by a lecturer for the past two semesters for lack of full-time, tenure-track/tenured personnel.
14) Reflect on the Assessment Process