Program: Tropical Plant & Soil Sci (MS)
Date: Thu Oct 16, 2014 - 2:36:38 pm
1) Below are your program's student learning outcomes (SLOs). Please update as needed.
MS in Tropical Plant and Soil Sciences:
1. Plan A students are required to give a thesis proposal seminar.
2. All MS students are required to give one lecture in a TPSS course during their program.
3. Plan A students must pass a final oral exam and complete original research culminating in a thesis.
4. Plan B students complete an original project culminating in a Plan B paper.
5. Plan C students take a final exam to complete the program.
2) Your program's SLOs are published as follows. Please update as needed.
Student Handbook. URL, if available online: http://manoa.hawaii.edu/ctahr/tpss/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/TPSS-Graduate-Study-guidlines-2013.pdf
Information Sheet, Flyer, or Brochure URL, if available online:
UHM Catalog. Page Number: 356-357
Course Syllabi. URL, if available online: http://manoa.hawaii.edu/ctahr/tpss/current-students/graduate-course-listing
3) Select one option:
4) For your program, the percentage of courses that have course SLOs explicitly stated on the syllabus, a website, or other publicly available document is as follows. Please update as needed.
5) Did your program engage in any program assessment activities between June 1, 2013 and September 30, 2014? (e.g., establishing/revising outcomes, aligning the curriculum to outcomes, collecting evidence, interpreting evidence, using results, revising the assessment plan, creating surveys or tests, etc.)
No (skip to question 14)
6) For the period between June 1, 2013 and September 30, 2014: State the assessment question(s) and/or assessment goals. Include the SLOs that were targeted, if applicable.
7) State the type(s) of evidence gathered to answer the assessment question and/or meet the assessment goals that were given in Question #6.
8) State how many persons submitted evidence that was evaluated. If applicable, please include the sampling technique used.
9) Who interpreted or analyzed the evidence that was collected? (Check all that apply.)
10) How did they evaluate, analyze, or interpret the evidence? (Check all that apply.)
11) For the assessment question(s) and/or assessment goal(s) stated in Question #6:
Summarize the actual results.
12) State how the program used the results or plans to use the results. Please be specific.
13) Beyond the results, were there additional conclusions or discoveries?
This can include insights about assessment procedures, teaching and learning, program aspects and so on.
14) If the program did not engage in assessment activities, please explain.
Or, if the program did engage in assessment activities, please add any other important information here.
We will work with the Assessment office to develop our SLOs.