Program: International Management (PhD)
Date: Thu Oct 09, 2014 - 12:18:47 pm
1) Below are your program's student learning outcomes (SLOs). Please update as needed.
- Create knowledge in international management with an Asia/Pacific focus as demonstrated by publication in peer-reviewed journals, peer-reviewed conference presentations, and dissertation research.
- Demonstrate comprehensive knowledge in the field of international management through a comprehensive exam
- Effectively teach college-level courses as demonstrated by a course observation, Center for Teaching Excellence mid-semester evaluation, student end-of-course evaluations, and a review of teaching materials by their course coordinator or dept. head.
2) Your program's SLOs are published as follows. Please update as needed.
Student Handbook. URL, if available online:
Information Sheet, Flyer, or Brochure URL, if available online:
UHM Catalog. Page Number:
Course Syllabi. URL, if available online:
3) Select one option:
- File (03/16/2020)
4) For your program, the percentage of courses that have course SLOs explicitly stated on the syllabus, a website, or other publicly available document is as follows. Please update as needed.
5) Did your program engage in any program assessment activities between June 1, 2013 and September 30, 2014? (e.g., establishing/revising outcomes, aligning the curriculum to outcomes, collecting evidence, interpreting evidence, using results, revising the assessment plan, creating surveys or tests, etc.)
No (skip to question 14)
6) For the period between June 1, 2013 and September 30, 2014: State the assessment question(s) and/or assessment goals. Include the SLOs that were targeted, if applicable.
articles published in peer review journals
dissertation research with Asia/Pacific focus
first year paper
collaborate on scholarly projects with colleagues and peers
7) State the type(s) of evidence gathered to answer the assessment question and/or meet the assessment goals that were given in Question #6.
All PhD advisors were asked to evaluate the pprogress of their students on the questions listed in #6
8) State how many persons submitted evidence that was evaluated. If applicable, please include the sampling technique used.
9 advisors provided reports on their students
9) Who interpreted or analyzed the evidence that was collected? (Check all that apply.)
Ad hoc faculty group
Persons or organization outside the university
Advisors (in student support services)
Students (graduate or undergraduate)
10) How did they evaluate, analyze, or interpret the evidence? (Check all that apply.)
Used professional judgment (no rubric or scoring guide used)
Compiled survey results
Used qualitative methods on interview, focus group, open-ended response data
External organization/person analyzed data (e.g., external organization administered and scored the nursing licensing exam)
11) For the assessment question(s) and/or assessment goal(s) stated in Question #6:
Summarize the actual results.
6 out of 9 students tested received "pass" or higher, 3 received "low pass" or need to retake
13 articles published in peer review journals
4 dissertations with Asia Pacific focus, 5 other dissertaions in progress
14 candidates rated average or above average by advisors
12) State how the program used the results or plans to use the results. Please be specific.
the program director uses this information in an annual review with each student, and the IMPhD committee discusses the results in aggregate
13) Beyond the results, were there additional conclusions or discoveries?
This can include insights about assessment procedures, teaching and learning, program aspects and so on.
14) If the program did not engage in assessment activities, please explain.
Or, if the program did engage in assessment activities, please add any other important information here.