Program: Travel Industry Mgt (MS)
Date: Fri Oct 16, 2009 - 8:24:33 am
1) List your program's student learning outcomes (SLOs).
Note: TIM is focusing on developing an assessment system for its undergraduate program first, and will move to its graduate program thereafter. Thus, only the SLOs are applicable in this section.
List your program’s student learning objectives (SLOs).
1. Effective Communication
- Students can employ communication skills effectively to accomplish organizational and professional objectives.
2. Leadership and Teamwork
- Students can demonstrate leadership.
- Students can work effectively, respectfully, and professionally as a team member.
3. Critical and Creative Thinking
- Students can analyze situations and develop alternative options to resolve identified issues.
- Students can select appropriate information to develop reliable, valid, and logical arguments.
4. Knowledge and Global Perspective
- From a global perspective, students can explain and apply the principles of travel industry management and of hospitality, tourism, and/or transportation management.
5. Ethics and Stewardship
- Students can demonstrate integrity and ethical behavior.
- Students can comprehend the importance of host cultures to the global travel industry and apply sustainable practices.
2) Where are your program's SLOs published?
Student Handbook. URL, if available online:
Information Sheet, Flyer, or Brochure URL, if available online:
UHM Catalog. Page Number:
Course Syllabi. URL, if available online: NA
3) Upload your program's current curriculum map(s) as a PDF.
4) What percentage of courses have the course SLOs explicitly stated on the course syllabus, department website, or other publicly available document? (Check one)