Program: Education Technology (PhD)
Date: Fri Oct 03, 2014 - 2:15:51 pm
1) Below are your program's student learning outcomes (SLOs). Please update as needed.
(Knowledge) Demonstrate theoretical and conceptual knowledge in the broad issues of education and in the skills, knowledge and problems within the field of educational technology.
o Demonstrate foundational knowledge of the contribution of research to the past and current theory of educational communications and technology.
o Demonstrate the knowledge necessary to create, use, assess, and manage theoretical and practical applications of educational technologies and processes.
(Research) Apply an inquiring and critical approach to issues and possible solutions to problems in education.
o Apply appropriate research methodologies to address problems, enhance practice, and contribute to the knowledge base of the field.
(Professional Ethics) Develop a deep respect for the public trust that is invested in them as future intellectual and social leaders in the field of education.
o Conduct research and practice using accepted professional and institutional guidelines and procedures.
2) Your program's SLOs are published as follows. Please update as needed.
Student Handbook. URL, if available online:
Information Sheet, Flyer, or Brochure URL, if available online: Internal only but we will be making available on the web.
UHM Catalog. Page Number:
Course Syllabi. URL, if available online:
3) Select one option:
- File (03/16/2020)
4) For your program, the percentage of courses that have course SLOs explicitly stated on the syllabus, a website, or other publicly available document is as follows. Please update as needed.
5) Did your program engage in any program assessment activities between June 1, 2013 and September 30, 2014? (e.g., establishing/revising outcomes, aligning the curriculum to outcomes, collecting evidence, interpreting evidence, using results, revising the assessment plan, creating surveys or tests, etc.)
No (skip to question 14)
6) For the period between June 1, 2013 and September 30, 2014: State the assessment question(s) and/or assessment goals. Include the SLOs that were targeted, if applicable.
7) State the type(s) of evidence gathered to answer the assessment question and/or meet the assessment goals that were given in Question #6.
8) State how many persons submitted evidence that was evaluated. If applicable, please include the sampling technique used.
9) Who interpreted or analyzed the evidence that was collected? (Check all that apply.)
10) How did they evaluate, analyze, or interpret the evidence? (Check all that apply.)
11) For the assessment question(s) and/or assessment goal(s) stated in Question #6:
Summarize the actual results.
12) State how the program used the results or plans to use the results. Please be specific.
13) Beyond the results, were there additional conclusions or discoveries?
This can include insights about assessment procedures, teaching and learning, program aspects and so on.
14) If the program did not engage in assessment activities, please explain.
Or, if the program did engage in assessment activities, please add any other important information here.
New program, no students yet in program.