Program: Management (BBA)
Date: Wed Sep 17, 2014 - 3:57:15 pm
1) Institutional Learning Objectives (ILOs) and Program Student Learning Outcomes (SLOs)
1. Objective 1: Students are able to explain the four functions of management: planning, organizing, leading, controlling
(1b. Specialized study in an academic field, 2c. Communicate and report)
2. Objective 1.5: Test, test, test
3. Objective 2: Students are able to analyze and apply results on a personality/ self assessment instrument to future career options
4. Objective 3: Students are able to analyze a company using concepts from: management, marketing, finance, accounting and information technology
(1a. General education, 2a. Think critically and creatively)
5. Ojective 3.5: More testing.
6. Objective 4:Students are able to make recommendations for improving a companys performance, based on analysis
(2c. Communicate and report, 3b. Respect for people and cultures, in particular Hawaiian culture, 3d. Civic participation)
2) Your program's SLOs are published as follows. Please update as needed.
Student Handbook. URL, if available online:
Information Sheet, Flyer, or Brochure URL, if available online:
UHM Catalog. Page Number:
Course Syllabi. URL, if available online: NA
3) Select one option:
- File (03/16/2020)
4) For your program, the percentage of courses that have course SLOs explicitly stated on the syllabus, a website, or other publicly available document is as follows. Please update as needed.
5) Did your program engage in any program assessment activities between June 1, 2013 and September 30, 2014? (e.g., establishing/revising outcomes, aligning the curriculum to outcomes, collecting evidence, interpreting evidence, using results, revising the assessment plan, creating surveys or tests, etc.)
No (skip to question 14)
6) For the period between June 1, 2013 and September 30, 2014: State the assessment question(s) and/or assessment goals. Include the SLOs that were targeted, if applicable.
7) State the type(s) of evidence gathered to answer the assessment question and/or meet the assessment goals that were given in Question #6.
Intructors in 7 sections of 3 courses assessed learning at the end of the term
8) State how many persons submitted evidence that was evaluated. If applicable, please include the sampling technique used.
5 instructors submitted evidence
9) Who interpreted or analyzed the evidence that was collected? (Check all that apply.)
Ad hoc faculty group
Persons or organization outside the university
Advisors (in student support services)
Students (graduate or undergraduate)
10) How did they evaluate, analyze, or interpret the evidence? (Check all that apply.)
Used professional judgment (no rubric or scoring guide used)
Compiled survey results
Used qualitative methods on interview, focus group, open-ended response data
External organization/person analyzed data (e.g., external organization administered and scored the nursing licensing exam)
11) For the assessment question(s) and/or assessment goal(s) stated in Question #6:
Summarize the actual results.
95% of students met all learning objectives. No single objective was missed with any consistency
12) State how the program used the results or plans to use the results. Please be specific.
these will be shared with the department members. they will also be used for the issue listed in Q13
13) Beyond the results, were there additional conclusions or discoveries?
This can include insights about assessment procedures, teaching and learning, program aspects and so on.
The objectives in the management courses largely address ethics, but since changes curriculum ethics is meant to be taught in the core and measured in the capstone. we need to get this re-aligned.
14) If the program did not engage in assessment activities, please explain.
Or, if the program did engage in assessment activities, please add any other important information here.