Program: Human Resources Mgt (MHRM)
Date: Fri Sep 12, 2014 - 2:02:11 pm
1) Below are your program's student learning outcomes (SLOs). Please update as needed.
1. Students will demonstrate a broad understanding of human resource theories and current practices across different types of organizations [Assess in MGT 650] 2. Students will be able to apply knowledge of major human resource responsibilities at both a strategic and operational level. [Assess in MGT 650] Objective 1: Correctly incorporates strategic HR issues into project analysis Objective 2: Correctly incorporates operational HR issues into project analysis 3. Students will be able to demonstrate an understanding of international human resource management issues. [Assessed in MGT 670I] Objective 1: Articulates expatriate training issues Objective 2: Articulates compensation issues Objective 3: Articulates labor contract issues 4. Students will be able to integrate information technology into the operational areas of human resource management. [Assessed in MGT 650] Objective 1: Identifies appropriate commercial HR software in the project analysis Objective 2: Develops a proposal to integrate IT into the operational areas
2) Your program's SLOs are published as follows. Please update as needed.
Student Handbook. URL, if available online:
Information Sheet, Flyer, or Brochure URL, if available online:
UHM Catalog. Page Number:
Course Syllabi. URL, if available online: NA
3) Select one option:
- File (03/16/2020)
4) For your program, the percentage of courses that have course SLOs explicitly stated on the syllabus, a website, or other publicly available document is as follows. Please update as needed.
5) Did your program engage in any program assessment activities between June 1, 2013 and September 30, 2014? (e.g., establishing/revising outcomes, aligning the curriculum to outcomes, collecting evidence, interpreting evidence, using results, revising the assessment plan, creating surveys or tests, etc.)
No (skip to question 14)
6) For the period between June 1, 2013 and September 30, 2014: State the assessment question(s) and/or assessment goals. Include the SLOs that were targeted, if applicable.
1. Students will demonstrate a broad understanding of human resource theories and current practices across different types of organizations
2. Students will be able to apply knowledge of major human resource responsibilities at both a strategic and operational level.
3. Students will be able to demonstrate an understanding of international human resource management issues.
4. Students will be able to integrate information technology into the operational areas of human resource management.
7) State the type(s) of evidence gathered to answer the assessment question and/or meet the assessment goals that were given in Question #6.
8 traits are used to measure learning outcomes over the 4 learning objectives from 17% of the students
8) State how many persons submitted evidence that was evaluated. If applicable, please include the sampling technique used.
2 instructors submitted reports on 10 randomly selected students
9) Who interpreted or analyzed the evidence that was collected? (Check all that apply.)
Ad hoc faculty group
Persons or organization outside the university
Advisors (in student support services)
Students (graduate or undergraduate)
10) How did they evaluate, analyze, or interpret the evidence? (Check all that apply.)
Used professional judgment (no rubric or scoring guide used)
Compiled survey results
Used qualitative methods on interview, focus group, open-ended response data
External organization/person analyzed data (e.g., external organization administered and scored the nursing licensing exam)
11) For the assessment question(s) and/or assessment goal(s) stated in Question #6:
Summarize the actual results.
of ten students, 1 demonstrated no proficiency on 5 of the 8 traits, 1 demonstrated no proficiency on 3 of the traits and 1 demonstrated no proficiency on 1. the other 7 were proficient on all. the area where the demonstrated proficiancy gap was the greatest was in technology use
12) State how the program used the results or plans to use the results. Please be specific.
the program has concerns about the technology issue and is discussing course content changes that could address this. The results will be shared with all faculty members.
13) Beyond the results, were there additional conclusions or discoveries?
This can include insights about assessment procedures, teaching and learning, program aspects and so on.
no further conclusions were drawn.
14) If the program did not engage in assessment activities, please explain.
Or, if the program did engage in assessment activities, please add any other important information here.