Program: Russian (BA)
Date: Wed Oct 14, 2009 - 8:10:01 am
1) List your program's student learning outcomes (SLOs).
SLO1. The student can vocalize Russian non-technical texts with correct placement of stress in words and with the observance of pronunciation rules (i.e. reduction of unstressed vowels, voicing and devoicing of consonants individually and in clusters as dictated by the environment, and assimilation of consonants according to current Russian pronunciation norms).
SLO2. The student can read and comprehend non-technical texts in Russian from a variety of sources including magazines, newspapers, internet pages such as those found in the Russian Wikipedia, and belles-lettres.
SLO3. The student can engage in oral and written communication in Russian in various everyday and educational communicative contexts (e.g. asking directions, ordering in a restaurant, expressing opinions in a conversation or a written composition).
SLO4. The student can write Cyrillic in longhand and type Cyrillic using either the phonetic or standard keyboard arrangement.
SLO5. The student can recognize and identify and has a familiarity with key aspects of Russian culture (e.g. famous Russians; key works of literature, representative pictures, music and symbols; common Russian dishes).
2) Where are your program's SLOs published?
Student Handbook. URL, if available online:
Information Sheet, Flyer, or Brochure URL, if available online:
UHM Catalog. Page Number:
Course Syllabi. URL, if available online:
3) Upload your program's current curriculum map(s) as a PDF.
- File (03/16/2020)
4) What percentage of courses have the course SLOs explicitly stated on the course syllabus, department website, or other publicly available document? (Check one)
5) State the SLO(s) that was Assessed, Targeted, or Studied