Program: Creative Media (BA)
Date: Tue Oct 13, 2009 - 4:01:22 pm
1) List your program's student learning outcomes (SLOs).
We worked with the Manoa Assessment Center to consolidate the ACM objectives and outcomes as listed in our Bachelor of Arts proposal into this collectively and collegially decided set:
1. Critical Thinking
1.1. Constructively critique their own and other’s intellectual and creative work
2.1. Write a creative work that tells a story
2.2. Write a critical piece that applies theoretical principles
3. History and Aesthetics
3.1. Know the intellectual history of cinema and place their work within that history.
4. Professional Skills & Creativity
4.1. Create a visual narrative through application of appropriate principles and production skills [production & animation]
4.2. Conduct and communicate original research findings [critical studies]
4.3. Understand the essential collaborative nature of creative productions by working as a team member
5. Ethics and Responsibility
5.1. Understanding the role and rights of a responsible artist
2) Where are your program's SLOs published?
Student Handbook. URL, if available online:
Information Sheet, Flyer, or Brochure URL, if available online:
UHM Catalog. Page Number:
Course Syllabi. URL, if available online: NA
3) Upload your program's current curriculum map(s) as a PDF.
- File (03/16/2020)
4) What percentage of courses have the course SLOs explicitly stated on the course syllabus, department website, or other publicly available document? (Check one)
5) State the SLO(s) that was Assessed, Targeted, or Studied
We are in the process of refining our SLOs.
6) State the Assessment Question(s) and/or Goal(s) of Assessment Activity
7) State the Type(s) of Evidence Gathered
8) State How the Evidence was Interpreted, Evaluated, or Analyzed
9) State How Many Pieces of Evidence Were Collected
10) Summarize the Actual Results
11) Briefly Describe the Distribution and Discussion of Results
12) Describe Conclusions and Discoveries
-We need a “capstone” course for graduating seniors.
-We need to turn some of our 300 level courses into 400 level courses
-We need to require that students take at least one 400-level course.
13) Use of Results/Program Modifications: State How the Program Used the Results --or-- Explain Planned Use of Results
We are going to consider our conclusions and discoveries and address these in faculty meetings to choose the correct path in moving forward.
14) Reflect on the Assessment Process
What went well?
-the formulation of our SLOs
-the frank discussion of the effectiveness of our curriculum map
15) Other Important Information
This process has been very helpful. Marlene and Monica have been a big help.