skip to Main Content

For specific information related to your program or area of interest

including how to apply, please visit the following pages:

Undergraduate Programs Information

Major or minor in Asian Studies.

Graduate Programs Information

Including: Master of Arts in Asian Studies, Master’s in Asian International Affairs, and Graduate Certificates in Asian Studies.

Undergraduate Admissions

We Welcome Incoming Students Interested in Asian Studies!

Please see the School of Pacific and Asian Studies for Application Tips for Undergraduates.

Application Procedures

New and transfer students planning to major in Asian Studies should apply for admission directly to the University Admissions Office:

Admissions Office
Student Services Center, 001
University of Hawai‘i at Mānoa
2600 Campus Road
Honolulu HI 96822
Tel. 808.956.8975

Summer Admission

Check the Outreach College website for the latest information and details about sources, registration, residency forms, etc.

Students not currently enrolled at the University of Hawai’i may apply for admission to the summer session at the

Outreach College, 101 Krauss Hall, Tel. (808) 956.7221


Currently enrolled University of Hawai’i students do not have to submit applications.

Declaring Your Major in Asian Studies

Currently enrolled students can declare their major in Asian Studies as early as in their freshman year by contacting:

Asian Studies Undergraduate Program
School of Pacific and Asian Studies
Moore Hall Room 407
University of Hawai‘i at Mānoa
1890 East West Road
Honolulu, Hawai’i 96822
Tel. 808.956.7814

Back To Top