Forms 2019-11-07T14:15:32+00:00

Downloadable Forms

Click on the + signs to access the lists of forms in each category. Click on the name of the form in the expanded list to download and print it.  If you run into problems, or have any questions about correct choice and use of forms, call 956-8755.

Click here for the current Registration Guide, which includes the registration timeline, deadlines, instructions, and information on registration procedures and policies.

Visit “Add or Drop Courses” (Records Office website) for these forms:

  • Add a Course
  • Drop or Withdraw from a Course
  • Switch Sections of the Same Course
  • Change Grading Options
  • Audit a Course
  • Change the Number of Credits for a Course

Visit “Grades & Credits” for these forms:

  • Credit Overload
  • Change Grading Option

Click “Time Conflict” for the form to request an override to register for courses with a time conflict.

To check or update how courses taken elsewhere transfer to UHM:

Visit “Forms” (Records Office website) for these forms:

  • Leave of Absence
  • Leave of Absence for Overseas

Visit “Withdrawing from the University” if you wish to withdraw completely. The date when you withdraw (i.e., the day you submit the request) impacts both whether you are eligible for a refund and whether ‘W’ grades show on your record.

To Declare or Change your Major:

To Add More Majors:

To Add a Minor or Certificate:

To Review your Requirements:

  • OVCAA Program Sheets – These Program Sheets are checklists of requirements. The site also includes sample Four-Year Plan Templates that show how the major could be completed in four years – just remember that you’ll need to tailor the plan to you!
  • Archived A&S Core Sheets: These Program Sheets explain the GenEd requirements (plus the many abbreviations) and include a worksheet. Be sure to select your own “core year”! (If you’re not sure what that is, come in for advising…)

To Create an Academic Plan:

For Certification of your registration, enrollment, or academic plan:

Visit “Forms” (Financial Aid website) for these forms:

  • UH Community College Enrollment
  • Satisfactory Academic Progress Appeal
File for graduation using the instructions HERE. You will need to complete and submit the following forms:

Please see the section below for full information about downloading and submitting a petition.

Certification or Academic Progress: Forms and Memos

Forms related to student academic progress and standing often require the signature of an academic advisor. Some forms can be dropped off for review and clearance, and picked up by the student 3 to 5 business days later. Others may require an in-person appointment, or may take longer to complete. Listed below are the types of requests we receive most often, and the procedures for having them filled.

Who: UHM Arts & Sciences majors who need verification of academic progress or projected graduation date for employers, scholarships, graduate programs, military identification cards, etc.

You need to have completed a Online Grad to receive written verification of academic progress (need .pdf of this doc). Fill out a Request for Written Verification Form and turn it in at the service counter in QLC 113.  You will need to provide either a pre-addressed stamped envelope or provide mailing labels and postage for each letter. Letters are generally available within 3 to 5 working days.

UHM Community College Enrollment Memo
Who: UHM Arts & Sciences students receiving financial aid, with part-time registration at UHM and concurrent enrollment on other campuses (ex. 9 credits at UHM plus 3 credits at KCC)

Download and fill out the financial aid form from the Financial Aid Office’s Forms and Documents page before meeting with an Arts & Sciences advisor to have it verified and signed. If you have any questions regarding the form, please contact your Financial Aid Counselor at 808.956.7251, QLCSS, room 112.

Verification of Credits required for graduation: a copy of your approved GRAD plan can be submitted to Financial Aid

Request for Less Than Full-Time Enrollment – appointment needed, completion of a GRAD Session required
Who: International students who are register full-time in their graduating semester

International students may be allowed a reduction in courseload depending on circumstance. See an International Student Services counselor in QLCSS 206, 956.8354 for information on eligibility. If given the form, make an appointment to meet with an Arts & Sciences academic advisor by calling 956.8755 ext.1. Be sure to bring your form and any supporting documentation, if needed, with you.

Optional Practical Training (OPT) – appointment needed, completion of a GRAD Session may be required
Who: International students remaining in the U.S. to work after graduation.

See an International Student Counselor in QLCSS, room 206, 956.8354 for information on eligibility.  If given the form, make an appointment with an Arts & Sciences academic advisor to verify your graduation date and relation of the intended training program to your field of study. 956.8755 ext.1

VA Students

Who: AH/LLL majors receiving VA financial assistance

Students on VA assistance (e.g., G.I. Bill) must have the courses they are taking verified for applicability to their intended degree. Please contact the VA Certifying Official in the Records Office, 808.956.8010, QLCSS, room 10 for procedures and forms.

VA Enrollment Certification Form Instructions

VA Enrollment Certification Form

ROTC Students

Who: AH/LLL majors in a ROTC Programs (Air Force & Army)

Students in ROTC programs must have their academic plans verified each semester. Please visit our ROTC page.


What is a petition?

A petition is a special request made by a student for an exception to university policy. One example of an exception to policy is an adjustment to a student’s class schedule after the published registration deadlines. A petition includes a personal statement explaining extenuating circumstances beyond the student’s control surrounding the request and proper documentation. Petitions are a serious matter requiring multiple reviews.

  • Requests are not automatically approved.
  • Requests are reviewed on a case by case basis.
  • Requests related to your academic record from more than two years ago (including retroactive withdrawals) will not be approved.
  • Extenuating circumstances must be clearly and concisely explained in a personal statement.
  • Extenuating circumstances must also be verified with appropriate documentation.
  • An approval of a request cannot compromise the truthfulness of your university records (for example, the official transcript that bears the university seal)
  • Results of petition requests can impact any form of financial aid, Veteran’s Affairs benefits, insurance, visas, etc. Before turning in a petition to QLC 113, the student should consult with the appropriate offices/agencies regarding possible consequences that may occur as a result of the petition decision. For example, if a petition for a late withdrawal from a course is approved, it is possible the student will owe money back to their financial lender. This type of scenario may affect the decision to submit a petition.

1.     Meet with an academic advisor at the Advising Center to discuss your request, the petition process, personal statement, and acceptable documentation.  You will also be given a deadline (generally, two weeks) for turning in your petition materials.  NOTE:  Petitions will not be reviewed unless a student has met with an advisor first to discuss the request. To make an appointment with an academic advisor, click here.

2.     Prepare your petition materials:  the petition cover form (link below), your personal statement, and supporting documentation.  The merit of your petition is a factor in the decision so prepare your petition materials carefully.

Petition Form:  this should be placed on top of your personal statement.  This form is located at the bottom of the page.

The Personal Statement must be composed and typed in a clear and concise manner so it can be understood by the Petitions committee and the Dean. At minimum, your personal statement should include the specific exception you’re requesting; an explanation of the extenuating circumstances beyond your control; why an exception should be granted for you specifically; and timeliness of your request. Your personal statement should be professional in tone and appearance.

Instructor Documentation Form(s): Petitions that involve courses (as when requesting to withdraw from a course) require documentation from the courses’ instructors. Submit one Instructor Documentation Form for each course impacted by the petition (so 3 forms to withdraw from 3 courses). Please work with your instructors to submit complete forms – each of the questions is important.  Please note there are two forms on each page.

The Supporting Documentation must verify the circumstances you are presenting in your personal statement.  When applicable, bear in mind that supporting letters must be printed on letterhead and include a signature; and email documentation from university officials must be sent from the account.

3.     Submit your completed petition materials to the service counter at the Advising Center in QLC 113 by the deadline given to you from the academic advisor.  Turn in your statement and documentation at the same time (not piece by piece).  The review will not be conducted if materials are incomplete.  The review process takes approximately two weeks but can take longer if the personal statement is not well written or if documentation is missing.  The decision will be postal mailed to the address you listed in STAR.  To update your address in STAR, log in to your MyUH and click on “View/update Address, Phone” or visit the Office of the Registrar located at QLC 010 (bottom floor).

  • I did not know about the deadline or policy.
  • I forgot about the deadline or policy.
  • I was not told about the deadline or policy.
Click here to download Petition Form

Alphabetical Listing of All Forms

Academic Plan Worksheet, Academic Plan Templates by Major
Academic Progress, Appeal (Financial Aid)
Add a Course (Records)
Application for Credit by Examination
Audit a Course (Records)
Cancellation of Registration (Records)
Certificate/Minor, Verification of
Certification of Second Major
Credit by Examination, Application for
Credit Update Request
Credits for a Course, Change Number of  (Records)
Community College Concurrent Enrollment (UH System) (Financial Aid)
Core Sheets, (CASSSAS, archived)
Course Section Change (of the same course) (Records)
Credit Overload
Declaration/Change of Major
Declaration of Multiple Majors
Degree, Application for (Unavailable online)
Drop or Withdraw from a Course (Records)
Evaluation, Language Waiver
Goldenrod, (Program Sheets)
Grading Option, Change of (Records)
Graduation in Absentia
Graduation Plan
Instructor Documentation Form
International Students: OPT Form (for Optional Practical Training)
International Students: Request for Reduced Course Load
Language, Waiver Evaluation
Late Add Petition
Leave of Absence (Records)
Leave of Absence Overseas (Records)
Letter of Written Verification, Request for
Major Declaration or Change
Minor/Certificate, Verification of
Multiple Majors Declaration
Overload of Credits
Petition Form
Program Sheets
Request for Written Verification Form
ROTC Form 48
Section Change (of the same course) (Records)
Time Conflict
Transfer Course Update
VA Form Instructions (Primary Major) half sheet
VA Form Instructions (Minor, Certs, Secondary Major) Half Sheet
Verification of Certificate/Minor
Verification Letter, Request for Written
Waiver, Language Evaluation
Written Verification Letter, Request for