Skip to main content

Applying for VA Education Benefits

  • Applying for GI BILL® Benefits: The Veteran Affairs GI BILL website is where To apply for VA educational benefits review the different benefits that the VA offers and find the right benefit related to your service HERE or transfer of benefit from parent to you. All students must complete an application with the Department of Veteran Affairs. The application is the first step in starting the process for your federal education benefit. All veterans and military connected students who wish to utilize benefits must apply for them at: gov
  • Once you receive your VA Certificate of Eligibility (CoE) in the mail you will submit this document to the University of Hawaii at Manoa Office of the Registrar VA Certifying Official located in the Queen Liliuokalani Student Services Building Rm 010. Please ensure that all forms (VA Enrollment Certification, CoE, CH. 33 Tuition & Fees Benefits Agreement, Change in Enrollment Add/Drop) are turned into the VA Certifying Official. You can also email a scanned copy to

Financial Aid: We encourage all veterans and military connected students to apply for federal financial aid and Scholarships to take advantage of all funding resources available and to make sure resources are available if there are any delays with VA education benefits. Veterans and military connected students should apply for the Free Application for Federal Student Aid Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FASFA) every year.


If you need assistance with Financial Aid, contact the UHM Financial Aid Office at (808) 956-7251 or email them at


Contact us:

Google form type of page to collect contact info and to submit questions to OVSS email.

Join Our Newsletter

Subscribe to our newsletter to stay in-touch and hear about important announcements and upcoming events for the office and other veteran-related news.

Contact Information

Office of Veteran Student Services
University of Hawaii at Manoa
2600 Campus Road
Queen Liliuokalani Center 310
Honolulu, Hawaii 96822

Hours: 8:00 am to 4:30 pm (appointments preferred)
Phone: (808) 956-2192

Donate to the Veteran Scholarship Fund

U.H. Foundation logo

The purpose of this fund is to support veteran and military connected students at the University of Hawaii at Manoa. Funds shall be used for costs associated with attendance (e.g. tuition, books, fees, etc.) The Office of Veteran Student Services understands and recognizes the unique needs of veterans and their families and has created this account to provide continued support for veteran and military connected student success.