Research Excellence - Faculty Award
March 7, 2014
Candidates may nominate themselves or be nominated by their colleagues. Awards at different levels (assistant, associate and full professor) are available.
TERMS OF AWARD
Each award consists of a Board of Regents medal and $1,000. Awardees are expected to conduct a public lecture on their research.
Any full-time faculty member of the UH System may be nominated. Each faculty is limited to receiving one award at any given level.
- Complete curriculum vitae of the candidate
- One-page synthesis of the candidate’s contribution to his or her research field
Letters of support from the candidate’s department chair and/or college dean and other leading
scholars familiar with the candidate’s research. All letters should be addressed to Dr. Vassilis
Syrmos, Associate Vice Chancellor for Research and need to be sent directly to the URC via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or in-person at Hawaii Hall 211.
- Evidence of the quality, originality, and significance of the research (with emphasis given to the nominee’s accomplishments while at UH)
- Strength of evaluations and references from leading scholars
- Quality of candidate’s previous scholastic awards and recognitions
- Quality of candidate’s previous research accomplishments (e.g. paper/poster presentations, journal publications)
Submit all required materials to the URC by the specified deadline via email (email@example.com) or in-person at Hawaii Hall 211.