In compliance with the terms of the Undergraduate Research Opportunities Program (UROP) award that I have been offered, I agree:
- To make every possible effort to achieve my stated objectives in a timely and professional manner;
- To abide by all university guidelines and policies related to the responsible conduct;
- To secure all necessary institutional and/or government agency approvals in advance of beginning my activities;
- To immediately notify UROP if any conditions are encountered that would change my itemized budget, proposed timeline, or prevent me from completing my work;
- To actively monitor and communicate via my @hawaii.edu email address, in order to maintain my identity in correspondence. I acknowledge that my @hawaii.edu email address is the official mode of communication with UH Mānoa;
- To be enrolled as an undergraduate student during the semester(s) indicated for travel in my proposed timeline;
- To acknowledge that funds may only be disbursed during semesters of enrollment and in accordance with university regulations;
- To acknowledge and follow all deadlines as mandated by UROP;
- To submit a completion report summarizing my experience by the end of the proposed timeline;
- To submit all relevant receipts by the end of my proposed timeline as proof that funds were spend only for approved expenses. I further agree that the amount of any disallowed expenditure must be reimbursed to the University and that any balance owed to the University as a result of non-performance or disallowance must be settled before graduation;
- To submit one .jpg photograph relevant to my presentation by the end of my proposed timeline;
- Acknowledge that further information about the completion of these requirements is available on the “Past Projects and Presentations” page of the UROP website and agree to contact UROP via email with questions or concerns that may arise;
- To acknowledge that UROP may use any materials I submit as a promotional material.
By signing this contract, I agree to the aforementioned terms and recognize that the failure to fulfill any of these terms may result in the termination and/or forfeiture of any or all funds.