Alternative proctoring facilities are available at the UH Exam Proctoring Sites.
Frequently Asked Questions:
What types of exams can be proctored?
- Paper and pencil exams as well as online exams specifically for distance education courses. If you require specialized equipment such as headphones, tape recorders, etc. we must be notified at least one (1) week in advance. If requested specialized equipment is not available we will notify you and provide you with a list of alternative testing sites.
- We do not provide testing services for standardized or placement exams such as the GRE, LSAT, MCAT, COMPASS, ACCUPLACER, etc. check other UH Testing Sites for alternative testing centers.
Where are the exams proctored?
- The exams are proctored at Sinclair Library on the University of Hawaii at Manoa campus. We have a proctoring room which has 14 computers. We can accommodate pencil and paper test takers with appointments as well. The exam room does get chilly so you may want to bring a jacket.
What are the computer requirements for online exams?
- Most online exams require nothing more than a secure internet connection to the browser. We can use both Explorer and Firefox but perfer to connect via Firefox. All our computers run off of the Windows 7 operating system. Due to malicious viruses the testing center will not install nor upload any specialized programs on our computers. Unless given previous permission by the instructor/professor, personal computers cannot be used in the testing room.
- If there is any questions regarding computer requirements please have your professor/instructor contact us. It may take 48 hours for a emailed response.
What do I need to bring on exam day?
- A valid photo ID is required to take any exam. Without an ID you will be denied proctoring services.
- It does get chilly in our exam room, you may want to bring a jacket/sweater.
- Any other aids the test requires, and deemed appropriate by your professor/instructor, such as calculators, rulers, etc. are your responsibility. We can provide you with pens, pencils, or scratch paper.
- As a reminder cell phones, PDA’s, smart watches etc. are not allowed and should be turned off while in the testing room.
What if I need to reschedule my exam?
- We will gladly reschedule your exam with a courtesy 24 hours notice; you may either call (808) 956-5656 or email email@example.com. Failure to show up for an exam will forfeit your exam time and same day cancellations are not accepted and may result in suspension of privileges. You are responsible for contacting your professor/instructor if your exam has closed and you need to make up the exam at a later date.
Feel free to contact us with any questions, comments or concerns via phone at (808) 956-5656 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.