- Complete required coursework and make sure to complete the following Graduation checklist.
- Maintain cumulative and major GPA of at least 3.2
- Give one public oral presentations at the Undergraduate Showcase:
- Submit your completed Senior Honors Project and other materials by deadline.
- Completed Senior Honors Project (PDF digital copy)
- Final oral presentation document at the Fall Forum or Spring Symposium
- Academic Curriculum Vitae (CV) (PDF digital copy)
- Personal Statement on “My Experience in Honors” (max. 500 words) (PDF digital copy)
- Completed online Exit Survey (online Exit Survey is sent to you via your UH Email on your graduating semester)
*Please save all files in the following format, in PDF file format only:
- pdf — e.g. Cruz_Julia_Personal_Statement.pdf
- Submission of Committee Evaluation
Honors Candidacy Evaluation
The Honors Council reviews the complete file of each candidate for Honors. Honors council will also review in detail cases when student’s GPA falls below the 3.2 minimum for extenuating circumstances, and/or cases with mixed or negative evaluations. Honors Council will also convene to review exceptional theses endorsed by the faculty mentor/committee and determine Honors Thesis Awards.
Once we have received the required documents students will be issued the Honors cord that will be worn at the Commencement ceremony.
Names of our Honors Degree candidates will be listed in the Commencement Program and will be given special acknowledgement during the graduation ceremony.
Honors Alumni Listing
Graduating with an Honors Degree is a special achievement. On our Honors Alumnus Search page, we feature complete listings of students who have successfully graduated with honors. Name, major, thesis title, and advisor will all be displayed.
We ask that students who do not wish for their information to be displayed online contact us upon graduation.