Students can get an Honors degree in any major offered at the University of Hawai`i at Mānoa, but several departments have developed Honors Tracks that articulate their major with the Honors Program’s requirements and make it easier for students to plan ahead. These are especially useful for Upper Division Honors students, as the four year track has slightly different requirements.
The majors listed below have Honors Tracks, which identifies options for Honors coursework in those departments. While these are a resource for information, students should still discuss their specific Honors pathway with an Honors advisor.
- Anthropology: Anthropology Advising Coordinator
- American Studies: Dr. Brandy McDougall
- Botany: Dr. Alison Sherwood
- Economics: Dr. John Lynham
- English: Dr. Candace Fujikane
- Global Environmental Science: Dr. Michael Guidry
- History: Dr. Karen Jolly
- Music: Dr. Jane Freeman Moulin
- Nursing and Dental Hygiene: Dr. Alice Tse
- Political Science: Dr. Ehito Kimura
- Psychology: Dr. Lorey Takahashi
- Public Health: Dr. Denise Nelson-Hurwitz
- Sociology: Dr. Barbara Joyce
- Women’s Studies: Dr. Lani Teves