Visit Honors Mākālei to start your Honors Student journey!
Applicants must have a cumulative high school G.P.A of 3.5 or higher. Our ideal students have been involved in a range of extra and co-curricular activities throughout their education, including leadership roles, volunteering, employment, international exchanges, and more. Many of our students take AP or other college level courses during high school. If you feel you meet these requirements you are encouraged to apply to our Honors Program. If you have any questions about this please schedule a “Prospective Student” appointment with one of our advisors.
You should apply as a First Year Honors Student for our full 4-year program if you have earned fewer than 43 college credits.
When to apply
If you are entering UHM in Spring 2018 you should apply by
- November 1st
If you are entering UHM in Fall 2018 you should apply by
- May 1st–PRIORITY DEADLINE to be eligible for the Honors Residential Learning Program
- June 1st–Final deadline for Fall 2018 entry
When you complete your Honors Program application via Honors Mākālei you will be asked to:
- A completed Online Application Form
- A Recommendation Form completed by a relevant teacher or other appropriate figure
- It is your responsibility to ensure your recommender completes this–please discuss your application to Honors with them!
- Once the above are received you will be instructed to schedule your Admissions Interview
- You should follow the directions in the email from Mākālei to schedule your interview, using our online appointment booking webpage
- Interviews are available in person at UHM or via distance by telephone or Skype
- Please keep in mind that ALL interviews will be scheduled according to Hawai‘i Standard Time