Transfer Students

As you consider the option to transfer into the University of Hawai‘i at Mānoa, we have collected information and resources to assist you. If you are unsure about the majors we offer at UH Mānoa and would like to get more information, please click through the different sections below.

Many Community Colleges offer Liberal Arts as an associate level degree. Here at the University of Hawai’i at Mānoa, we do not offer Liberal Arts as a degree. We would like to emphasize the fact that students get their liberal arts education within the general education courses offered here. Therefore, in order to graduate, students are required to choose a major. In the event that students are interested in Liberal Arts, they will be admitted into the Exploratory Program in order to find a major that sparks their interest and potential future careers.

For a complete list of programs and degrees within the UH system, please visit the: Degrees and Programs List

If no major is quite your size or shape, you may find a better fit through the Interdisciplinary Studies Program. It enables interested and qualified students to arrange interdisciplinary “major equivalents” for B.A. degrees.

Below are the six different exploratory paths we offer. If you click on a link, you will be able to get more information as well as see the different majors that are related to the path.

If you would like to meet with an advisor, navigate through the following pages to find the appropriate advisor associated with your major of choice.

If you are seeking to meet with an advisor from a specific college / major, follow this link to the directory of advisors:

When you have chosen a major that they would like to obtain, its time to declare the major. To declare a major, you will need to meet with an advisor from the intended school within UH Manoa that they are trying to major in.

Here is a list of the undergraduate advising offices:

College/SchoolLocationPhone number
School of ArchitectureArchitecture 202(808) 956-7225
Colleges of Arts & Humanities and Languages, Linguistics & Literature (declared majors)Sinclair 301(808) 956-8755
College of Social SciencesDean Hall, Room 2(808) 956-0661
Shidler College of BusinessBusiness Administration B101(808) 956-8215
College of EducationEverly Hall 126(808) 956-7849
College of EngineeringHolmes 240-A(808) 956-8404
College of Natural SciencesSinclair 301(808) 956-5911
Hawai'inuiakea School of Hawaiian Knowledge
 Hawaiian StudiesKAMA 211(808) 956-0642
 Kawaihuelani Center for Hawaiian LanguageSpalding 253A(808) 956-7637
ExploratoryQLCSS 101(808) 956-7273
John A. Burns School of Medicine
Medical Technology Biomed C206(808) 956-8557
School of Nursing and Dental Hygiene
 Dental HygieneHemingway 200B(808) 956-8821
 NursingWebster 201(808) 956-8939
School of Ocean and Earth Science and TechnologyHIG 131B(808) 956-8763
School of Pacific and Asian Studies Moore 407(808) 956-7814
Myron B. Thompson School of Social Work
Social Work Gartley 203(808) 956-7182
Public Health Biomed D204(808) 956-5753
School of Travel Industry Management George 346(808) 956-4887
College of Tropical Agriculture and Human Resources Gilmore 1st Floor(808) 956-8183

Ka’ie’ie Program

Ka’ie’ie is a degree pathway program with the University of Hawai’i at Manoa (UHM). It is a dual-admission, dual-enrollment program for students who are pursuing a four-year undergraduate degree, but choose to begin their degree at Honolulu CC, Kapi’olani CC, Leeward CC, University of Hawai’i – Maui College, and/or Windward CC. It is focused on students successfully transferring from these UH system campuses to UHM while completing their academic degrees.

For more information regarding the Ka’ie’ie program, please refer to the link below:

UH System Transfer

The UH System Transfer Website provides general information on transferring to/from the different colleges within the UH system, please click on the link below to visit the UH System Transfer site.

Transfer Credit Evaluation

The Course Transfer Database website contains a searchable database of course equivalencies/evaluations for UH campuses, as well as other colleges and universities. The website offers two different search modes: one that tells you how a course transfers as well as if there’s a certain course you need to take and would like to see the equivalent at the different campuses.

The evaluation of courses on this site is a guide. Transferability of any given course is not guaranteed until an official transfer credit evaluation is completed. Specific course equivalencies require review based upon the unique characteristics of each college and university, and may differ from one institution to another. Be sure to contact an academic advisor as the database is regularly updated and subject to change.

Manoa Transfer Coordination Center

The Mānoa Transfer Coordination Center (MTCC) helps students in the Ka’ie’ie Program transfer smoothly from a participating University of Hawai’i system campus to the University of Hawaii at Mānoa (UHM) by providing advising support throughout the transfer process.