You have selected a major in the:
College of Arts, Languages & Letters (CALL)
|Advising Office||Advising Center for the College of Arts, Languages & Letters|
|Location||Sinclair Library 301|
How advising works:
The College of Arts, Languages & Letters (CALL) uses a “Dual Advising” model, in which students meet with experts in two areas: a “Major Advisor,” a faculty member located in the major department, and a “College Advisor,” a professional advisor in the Advising Center, the College’s main advising office.
Major Advisors assist with major requirements and major-related opportunities;
College Advisors assist with academic planning, academic progress, integrating degree requirements, General Education, and graduation.
- Incoming students should schedule an appointment for Initial Advising in the Advising Center.
- All students fulfill their Mandatory Academic Advising requirement by meeting with both Major and College Advisors each semester. Every AH student has an academic plan verified by both advisors.
- Prospective students can meet with either a Major Advisor or a College Advisor.
- Academic Advising and Planning: Half-hour appointments in the Advising Center for a wide variety of advising needs.
- Initial Advising: Hour-long appointments in the Advising Center for incoming freshmen, transfer students, and newly declared majors for an introduction and orientation to UHM, its resources, and degree requirements.
- Academic Planning: Hour-long appointments in the Advising Center to individualize and verify the GPS plan in STAR.
- Major Advising: Appointments with your Major Advisor in your major department to learn about major requirements and major-related opportunities
Mandatory Advising: Mandatory advising varies by major.
List of Majors in Arts, Languages & Letters
American Studies (BA)
Art History (BA)
Art Studio (BA)
Asian Studies (BA)
Chinese Language Flagship (BA)
Creative Media (BA)
Creative Media: Computer Animation (BA)
Creative Media: Digital Cinema (BA)
Korean for Professionals (BA)
Music: Composition (BMus)
Music: General Music (BA)
Music: Hawaiian Music (BA)
Music: Instrumental (BMus)
Music: Musical Theater (BA)
Music: Piano (BMus)
Music: Voice (BMus)
Pacific Islands Studies (BA)
Philippine Language and Culture (BA)
Second Language Studies (BA)
Note: Degrees in the following majors are offered by Interdisciplinary Studies: Linguistics, Hindi, Indonesian, Khmer (Cambodian), Samoan, Sanskrit, Tahitian, Thai, and Vietnamese.