RE: UHM Sustainability Council Meeting
DATE: 15 January 2014
LOCATION: HIG 210
TIME: 3:00 – 4:30 pm
ANNOUNCEMENTS & UPDATES:
- Earth Day 2014 – Thursday, April 24, 2014 update (Doorae Shin):
- See http://manoa.hawaii.edu/earthday/about-earth-day/
- The Earth Day committee meets weekly on Thursday at 3pm in Sustainability Courtyard; additional help is welcome and they may increase the number of weekly meetings moving forward.
- Stickers: “These come from trees” stickers for paper towel dispensers; “Lights Off”. Help from one steward for each building.
- Enhancements to the Sustainability Courtyard
- Will solicit displays for weekly event, Feb, Mar, April.
- Will revisit previous courtyard ideas generated by Philip Johnson.
- Food Policy development(Nicole Ferguson).
- Agreed to accelerate development of program elements for consideration this spring.
- UHMSC web site updates (Justin Delp)
Presentation by Joe Caldwell, the JCI Energy Manager for UH Community Colleges (Oahu) on what JCI does and the campus perspective on the CC Energy Audit by Johnson Controls has been offered for January by Sandy Maeda/Manager, Auxiliary & Facilities Services, Leeward CC)