Place and time: HIG 210, 3:30 – 5:30 PM
AGENDA: Discuss sustainable passions and assign topics to focus on over the next 6 months — November 2013 thru April 2014
- 3:30 – Review SUSTAINABILITY COUNCIL STRUCTURE within context of MISSION and STRATEGIC PLAN
- 4:00 – Narrowing our focus based on questions from the strategic plan:
- How do we reduce the carbon footprint of the Manoa campus
- How to achieve Zero Energy
- How to achieve Zero Water
- How to optimize exemplary storm water management practices
- How do we become a model for alternative transportation options?
- How do we provide access to locally-grown and organic food choices?
- How do we reduce the waste stream into and out of campus?
- How can we best encourage and sustain biodiversity?
- Why is the implementation of sustainability practices critical to our economic, social, and environmental survival?
- 4:30 – Additional considerations:
- Campus sustainability Day (Arbor Day?) — Roxanne Adams
- Earth Day — Doorae Shin
- SOFT — Gabe, Roxanne Adams, Heidi Bornhorst, Maria Gallo
- Ongoing projects — Philip Johnson, Sam King, John Cusick
- 5:00 – Discuss speakers you’d like to invite, projects you want to focus on this year (e.g.: Earth Day, recycling, and water bottle filler when we discuss reducing the waste stream?) and develop an achievable list of goals for the next 6 months.
- 5:20 – Anyone wanting to float an idea is welcome to request 10 minutes on the agenda.