The University of Hawaiʻi at Mānoa, in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA) and Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, is committed to ensuring that information resources are accessible to disabled students, faculty, and staff.
The website was redesigned in July 2007 with one of the primary goals being to improve accessibility wherever possible. Special attention was paid to:
- Including alt tags for images
- Ensuring text link targets are clearly identified (avoiding "click here")
- Using a consistent site structure
- Providing a link so users can skip the navigation
- Defining and avoiding acronyms
- Constructing meaningful page titles
Additional information on accessibility is listed under "External Resources."