The attachments below are compiled lists of experiences that you can use in exploring and applying to opportunities of your interest. Please do note that some opportunities may change/adjust their information continuously. Thus, it is important and recommended to contact the organizations to check the opportunities for any updates.
Aloha Animal Hospital
4224 Waialae Ave
Honolulu, HI 96816
- Hours of Operation: MTRF 8am-5pm, W,S 9am-5pm, S 9am-4pm
- Contact: Michelle- Leigh R. Suenishi (Hospital Manager) at firstname.lastname@example.org or Lisa (Office Manager) at email@example.com
- Description: Aloha Animal Hospital always welcomes great opportunities and any individual that is interested to learn more. Aloha Animal Hospital is accredited by the American Animal Hospital Association, which represents a high quality of animal health care. The mentorship here is customized collaborated effort with the individual and their program. Aloha Animal Hospital operate a high pace, engaging and interactive environment therefore recommend mentee to have the same in mind and spirit. Anyone who is interested in working/volunteering at the Animal Hospital may submit a resume and a letter of interest to Michelle or Lisa.
An initial meeting is coordinated for both parties to interview, realize intentions and commitments. In addition, discussion of the following forms in which they will have seven calendar days to submit completed documents for participation, including;
- Mentorship Form, details individual’s basic information and commitment
- SMART Form, specifies the intentions and expectations
King Street Pet Hospital
2016 S King St.
Honolulu, HI 96826
- Hours of Operation: M-R 7am-7:30pm, F 7am-5:30pm, Sa&S 8am-3pm
- Contact: Susan Fukumoto (Officer Manager)
- Description: Looking for volunteers and work employees to come down to learn and fulfill tasks for the hospital (i.e. cleaning, sterilizing packs, laundry, fecal/lab work, and shadowing appointments/surgeries). If interested, please feel free to visit the office and fill out a volunteer form.
151 Kapahulu Ave
Honolulu, Hawai‘i 96815
- Website: http://www.honoluluzoo.org/volunteer.html
- Hours of Operation: Daily 9:30 am – 4:30 pm
- Contact: Barbara Thacker (Volunteer Coordinator) – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Description: Gain some exposure to exotic/wildlife animals at a zoo. Looking for volunteers to help out in diverse sections of the zoo (i.e. vet clinic, reptile section, keiki zoo)
- Process to Volunteering:
- Contact Barbara Thacker at email@example.com.
- Attend an In-Person Interview with the Director of Volunteers on any “Walk-In-Wednesday” or by appointment on selected Saturdays. Save time by filling out the Volunteer Application in advance.
- Attend a Second Interview with the Zoo or HZS supervisor of the section that you and the Director of Volunteers agree makes the best match.
- Attend a General Orientation & Volunteer Training offered bi-monthly on a Saturday and Sunday afternoon.
2015 General Orientation and Volunteer Training Dates (All dates from 1:00-4:30 p.m)
Aug. 8 & 9, 2015
Oct. 10 & 11, 2015
Note: All Zoo Volunteers must sign a Waiver of Liability, submit a copy of a current TB clearance, and pay $20.00 for a volunteer T-shirt and name tag. All volunteers over 18 years of age must also submit a Background Check available atwww.ecrim.ehawaii.gov . For one time use with a credit card, the cost for a non-certified version is $5.00. Mammal section volunteers must also attend an Animal Emergency Training workshop.
Hawaiian Humane Society
2700 Waialae Avenue
Honolulu, Hawaii 96826
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: http://www.hawaiianhumane.org
- Description: Gain some animal experience at an animal shelter! Looking for volunteers that can help out in diverse areas (i.e. Animal Care Support, Animal Adoptions, Outreach).
- Process to Volunteering:
- Go to the Volunteer section of the Hawaiian Humane Society website link: http://www.hawaiianhumane.org/Volunteer.html.
- Click on “Just for New Volunteers & Volunteer Positions at: http://www.hawaiianhumane.org/NewVolunteers.
- Watch the General Volunteer Orientation Video.
- Complete an online application and submit to the Hawaiian Humane Society Volunteer Coordinator.
- Await for an e-mail from the volunteer coordinator about attending a volunteer orientation and training date. Respond back to the volunteer coordinator by scheduling your orientation date.
- Attend your General Volunteer Orientation Date.
Kunia Loa Ridge Farms
P.O. Box 2817 Ewa Beach, HI 96706
- Email: Hawaii_Horses@equine808.com
- Website: http://www.equine808.com/index.htm
- Contact: n/a
- Description: Volunteer to rehabilitate abused, neglected and unwanted horses at the Equine 808 Sanctuary! Help with caring, grooming, and exercising of the horses.
- Process of Volunteering:
- Contact Equine 808 at the Hawaii_Horses@equine808.com to inquire about volunteering.
- Attend a Volunteer Orientation that is held every 1st Saturday of the month at 10am.
Hawaii Cat Foundation
47-024 Okana Place
Kaneohe, HI 96744
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Website: http://www.hicat.org/HCF/Home.html
- Contact: Christin Matsushige (Volunteer Coordinator)
- Description: Volunteer at a cat shelter in Kaneohe! Gain experience assisting with cleaning, maintenance and veterinary care for cats.
- Process to Volunteering:
- Contact Christin Matsushige at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Meet with Christin at the Hawaii Cat Foundation Sanctuary at the designated address.
VCA University Animal Hospital
2728 Woodlawn Drive
Honolulu, HI 96822
- Hours of Operation: M,W,F,Sa 8am-5:00pm, T&R 8am-7:00pm, Sun 9am-3pm
- Contact: Leslie Iboshi (Hospital Manager) Lesli.Iboshi@vca.com or (808) 484-9070
- Description: Looking for potential candidates for some technician and/or receptionist positions that they have open currently.
Participated in or heard about an opportunity that is not listed in the Pre-Vet Mentorship Resources? Feel free to send us more information about the opportunity at email@example.com. We’ll be more than happy to learn more about it!
Pre-Health/Pre-Law Advising Center: http://manoa.hawaii.edu/undergrad/PAC/
Manoa Career Center: http://manoa.hawaii.edu/careercenter/