Many scholarships are available to incoming and current college students looking to pursue a career in the veterinary field. The following is a list of scholarships available to qualified students.
College of Tropical Agriculture and Human Resources (CTAHR) Scholarships for New Students
- CTAHR New Student Scholarship – This scholarship is available to all incoming and new freshmen and transfers students with a declared CTAHR major.
- CTAHR Centennial Scholarship – This scholarship is available to all incoming and new freshmen and transfer students with a declared CTAHR major who are first-generation college students.
New and transfer students should complete and return the New Student and Centennial Scholarship application form. Applications must be postmarked by Friday, May 29, 2015 and mailed to: CTAHR Academic and Student Affairs Office, 3050 Maile Way, Gilmore 210, Honolulu, HI 96822.
CTAHR Scholarships for Current Students
CTAHR offers scholarships to continuing full-time classified students in the college who maintain a GPA of 3.0 and above. The application for scholarships is now available. Applicants should submit the completed CTAHR Scholarships application form to the Office of Academic and Student Affairs in Gilmore 210 by February 16, 2015 at 4:30 pm.
Charles H. Reid D.V.M. Memorial Scholarships
“Founded by Dr. Charles Reid, the Dr. Charles H. Reid, DVM Memorial Scholarship is available through the University of Hawaii at Manoa to students who meet the following criteria:
- Full time undergraduate or graduate students enrolled in a pre-veterinary medicine curriculum
- U. S. citizen
- Must be currently enrolled full-time at the University of Hawaii at Manoa
- Must be a bona-fide pre-veterinary student”
Applications can be obtained at the following sites:
- Office of Financial Aids, University of Hawaii at Manoa, Student Services Building, 2600 Campus Road, Honolulu, HI 96822
- Department of Human Nutrition, Food and Animal Sciences, University of Hawaii at Manoa, 216A Agricultural Sciences, 1955 East-West Road, Honolulu, HI 96822
Visit http://www.ctahr.hawaii.edu/hnfas/crs/index.html for more information.