Skip to main content | Skip to main navigation






Academic Calendar

Tuition & Fees

Tuition & Fees

Campus Map



Withdrawing from the University

Withdrawing from the University means dropping all courses for which you had enrolled. You are encouraged to make decisions about withdrawing from a course early in the semester. Your college or school will need to approve your withdrawal.

Be advised that if you do not officially drop a course, an "F" or "NC" may be awarded by the instructor in place of a passing grade as appropriate. Please review the instructions below for more information.

Withdrawing before the Semester Begins

Prior to the first day of the semester, you may drop all classes online through MyUH opens in new window or you may submit a Cancellation of Registration Form (PDF) to the Office of the Registrar.

Note: If you withdraw before the semester begins, no course registration will appear on your transcript and there will be no financial obligation for tuition and fees.

Return to top

Withdrawing after the Semester Begins

To completely withdraw on or after the first day of semester:

  • Fill out a Complete Withdrawal Form, available in your college or school's Advising office. Classified graduate students and post-baccalaureate unclassified students contact Graduate Division
    • Obtain all required approvals and clearances
    • All financial obligations must be cleared before the form will be processed
  • Submit your completed form to the UH Mānoa Cashier's Office, QLC Room 105

Complete withdrawals are not permitted after the ninth week of the semester except under unusual or extenuating circumstances beyond the control of the student. Check with your college or school's Advising office as some programs may have may have earlier deadlines.

If your withdrawal is processed by 4:00 p.m. HST on the sixth instructional day of the semester you will only have a withdrawal action noted on your transcript. After this time, you will have a "W" recorded for each course in which you were enrolled.

If you try to withdraw on the deadline date when many other students are also trying to withdraw, you may not be able to see an advisor in time and hence will not be able to withdraw. You will not be granted a deadline extension on the grounds that you could not be accommodated.

Financial Aid Recipients: If you receive financial aid please see a financial aid counselor before processing your withdrawal. You may be required to repay a portion of or all the aid you received (including tuition waivers). Visit Financial Aid Services for more information.

Return to top

Refund Policy

For refund information, visit Refunds.

Return to top

Readmission to the University

If you completely withdraw from the University and decide to return at a later time you must apply for readmission by the appropriate deadline. Visit Admissions for information on how to apply for readmission.

Continuing classified undergraduate students in good standing may apply for a leave of absence at the time of withdrawal. Please inquire with your college or school's Advising office. Graduate and post-baccalaureate unclassified students should check with Graduate Division.

Return to top