You are eligible to graduate once you have completed your college or school and major requirements. In order to participate in Commencement, the official graduation ceremony, you must apply for your degree and register for Commencement.
Apply for Your Degree
To apply for your degree, take the following steps:
- Meet with your advisor to do a degree check and to ensure that you have met all requirements and are qualified to graduate.
- File a degree application with your college or school's Advising office the semester before you intend to graduate.
- Log into MyUH Services to pay diploma fee.
- To confirm that your degree has been awarded, check your academic record in STAR for Students . Your degree will be officially posted approximately eight to 10 weeks after the end of the semester. Visit transcripts for official documentation of your degree awarded.
Degree Application Deadlines
The following are University degree application deadlines. Some programs may have earlier deadlines; check with your college or school's Advising office for more information.
|Graduation Term||Application Deadline|
|Fall 2017||September 8, 2017|
|Spring 2018||January 26, 2018|
|Summer 2018||May 25, 2018*|
|Fall 2018||September 7, 2018|
|Spring 2019||January 25, 2019|
|Summer 2019||May 24, 2019*|
Note: If you fail to apply for your degree by the deadline your name will not be published in the Commencement program and you may not receive your diploma on time.
* Since there are no Summer Commencement exercises, you must indicate on the Application for Degree form whether you want your name printed in the prior Spring or following Fall Commencement program. In order for your name to be printed in the Spring Commencement program, your degree application must be received by the earlier Spring application deadline. Otherwise, your name will be printed in the Fall Commencement program.
Change Your Graduation Date
If you have already submitted a degree application and need to postpone or cancel your graduation, contact your college or school's Advising office.
Note: You must also inform your college or school's Advising office if you submitted a Hawaiian Language Diploma Application and plan to change your graduation date.
Visit Commencement to register and for additional ceremony information.