We are now accepting applications for the Elmer J. Anderson Professional Travel Award. The application deadline is Monday, March 28, 2016. Applicants who are selected as finalists for this award must present their papers at an OPHS colloquium on Thursday, April 14, 12 Noon - 1:30 pm.
This award is exclusively for public health students who have a professional paper accepted for presentation at a national or international public health meeting. Applicants must be current, classified UHM graduate or doctoral students pursuing the MPH, MS, DrPH or PhD degree in the Office of Public Health Studies. The award money is to be used to defray travel costs and/or pay for meeting registration fees (up to $1,000).
Interested applicants must submit the following items:
- Proof of invitation to present at a conference.
- Your conference abstract.
- A letter of application which includes:
- Your role in the project that is the subject of the presentation.
- An explanation on why attending the conference is important to you.
- A brief note about your financial need.
Those who are selected as finalists for this award will be notified no later than Monday, April 4, 2016.
Address application materials to the Elmer J. Anderson Professional Travel Award Committee in care of the Office of Public Health Student Academic Services (OPHSAS). Items may be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or in person at Biomed D-204.