Sara Jensen Carr, PhD
- PhD (Environmental Planning), University of California Berkeley
- MLA (Landscape Architecture), University of California Berkeley
- B. Arch, M. Arch (Architecture), Tulane University
Awards & Honors
- University of California Dissertation Year Fellow
- San Francisco Planning and Urban Research Piero N. Patri Urban Design Fellow
I am an urban designer, licensed architect, and researcher who focuses on the connection between built environment and health. In particular, I am interested in the design of the public realm - streets, parks, and other public spaces - and how its quality and distribution is related to chronic disease and health equity. In my capacity as an advisory board member for Design 4 Active Sacramento, I recently advised on how to integrate health into Sacramento County's updated zoning and building guidelines. I currently hold a joint appointment in OPHS and the School of Architecture, and through my teaching and research hope to bring together students from both fields to build a healthier built environment for all.