Lehua Choy, DrPH
- DrPH (Community-Based and Translational Research), University of Hawai‘i at Mānoa
- MPH (Social and Behavioral Health Sciences), University of Hawai‘i at Mānoa
- BA (Psychology), Lewis & Clark College
- Built environment approaches to promote physical activity
- Community-level interventions
- Program evaluation; utilization-focused evaluation
Choy, L.B., Mokuau, N., Braun, K.L., & Browne, C.V. (2008). Integration of cultural concepts in establishing Hā Kūpuna: National Resource Center for Native Hawaiian Elders. Journal of Native Aging & Health, 3(1), 5-12.
Choy, L.B., McGurk, M.D., Tamashiro, R., & Maddock, J.E. (2008). Increasing safe places for physical activity through a joint use agreement: A case study in urban Honolulu. Preventing Chronic Disease, 5(3). http://www.cdc.gov/pcd/issues/2008/jul/07_0117.htm
Choy, L.B., & Maddock, J.E. (2005). Correlates of smoke-free policies in homes and cars among Hawai‘i residents. Californian Journal of Health Promotion, 3(4), 8-20.