Jay Maddock, PhD
- PhD (Experimental Psychology), University of Rhode Island
- MA (Experimental Psychology), University of Rhode Island
Awards & Honors
- US Surgeon General’s Community Champion Award – Healthy Hawaii Initiative (2009)
- Bank of Hawaii Community Leader of the Year, 2008
- Fellow, President's Emerging Leaders Program, University of Hawai‘i System (2007)
- USDHHS Secretary's Innovation in Prevention Award (2006) - Health Hawai‘i Initiative
- Chancellor's Citation for Meritorious Teaching, University of Hawai‘i at Mānoa (2005)
- Forty Under 40, Pacific Business News, Class of 2008
- Study Selection, NIH Community Level Health Promotion (2008-2012)
- Delta Omega, Gamma Chapter, National Public Health Honor Society, Faculty inductee (2007)
- Community Level Health Promotion
- Physical Activity and Nutrition
- Sun Exposure and Skin Cancer
- System Thinking
Current Research Grants
2009-2012 The Project Success Model: Evaluation of a Tiered Intervention. Funded by the NIDA. 1R01DA021856-01A2. Principal Investigator: Thomas Wills, Ph.D. Role on Project: Co-Investigator.
2009-2011 Hawai‘i Nutrition, Physical Activity and Obesity Program. Funded by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. 1U58DP001411-01. Project Director: Lola Irvin. Role on Project: Evaluation Lead. $617,725
2008-2010 Hawaii Physical Activity and Nutrition Coalitions. Funded by the Hawaii State Department of Health. Principal Investigator. $949,981
Albright, C.L., Maddock, J.E. & Nigg, C.R. (2009). Increasing physical activity in postpartum multiethnic women in Hawaii: results from a pilot study. BMC Women’s Health, 9:4.
Zhang, D., Bi, Y., Maddock, J.E. & Li S. (in press). Sexual and reproductive health knowledge among female college students in Wuhan, China. Asia-Pacific Journal of Public Health.
Parrish, J.W., Katz, A.R., Grove, J.S., Maddock, J.E. & Myhre, S. (2009). Characteristics of women seeking emergency contraception at a university-based women’s health clinic.American Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology, epub ahead of print.