Eric Hurwitz, DC, PhD
- PhD (Epidemiology), University of California, Los Angeles
- MS (Epidemiology), University of California, Los Angeles
- DC (Chiropractic), Los Angeles College of Chiropractic
- AB (Physiology), University of California, Berkeley
Current Reasearch Grants and Projects
Psychosocial, Behavioral and Immune Factors in Back Pain
Morbidity and Mortality Associated with Cerebrovascular Accidents Following Chiropractic Manipulation of the Cervical Spine
The Bone and Joint Decade 2000-2010 Task Force on Neck Pain and Its Associated Disorders
American Samoa Community Cancer Network Research and Training
Awards & Honors
- 2006 International Society for the Study of the Lumbar Spine (ISSLS) Prize
- 2006 North American Spine Society (NASS) Medical and Interventional Science Award
- 2006 North American Spine Society (NASS) Surgical Science Award
Hurwitz EL, Morgenstern H, Yu F, Chiang L-M. A randomized trial of chiropractic and medical care for patients with low-back pain: 18-month follow-up outcomes from the UCLA Low-Back Pain Study. Spine 31:611-621, 2006.
Hurwitz EL, Chiang L-M. A multinational comparative analysis of chiropractic and general practitioner patients in North America: Findings from the Joint Canada/United States Survey of Health, 2002-03. BMC Health Services Research doi:10.1186/1472-6963-6-49, 6:49, 2006.
Murphy DR, Hurwitz EL, Gregory AA. Manipulation in the presence of cervical spinal cord compression: a case series. J Manipulative Physiol Ther 29:236-244, 2006.