Alan Katz, MD, MPH
- MD, University of California-Irvine
- MPH (Epidemiology), University of Hawai‘i at Mānoa
- BA (Biology), University of California-San Diego, Revelle College
Awards & Honors
- University of Hawai‘i at Mānoa Distinguished Graduate Mentoring Award, 2008
- Presidential Citation for Meritorious Teaching, 1989
- Regents' Medal for Excellence in Teaching, 1992
- Fellow, American College of Preventive Medicine
- Fellow, American College of Epidemiology
Dr. Alan Katz's research interests include leptospirosis and sexually transmitted diseases. This includes both epidemiologic and behavioral factors related to disease risk and prevention. He currently serves as a member of the Scientific Advisory Committee of the University of Hawai‘i AIDS Clinical Trials Group and is a staff physician and medical consultant at the Hawai‘i State Department of Health's Diamond Head STD Clinic.
Katz AR. Quantitative polymerase chain reaction: filling the gap for early leptospirosis diagnosis. Clin Infect Dis (in press).
Katz AR, Komeya AY, Soge OO, Kiaha MI, Lee MVC, Wasserman GM,
Maningas EV, Whelen AC, Kirkcaldy RD, Shapiro SJ, Bolan GA, Holmes KK.
Neisseria gonorrhoeae with high-level resistance to azithromycin: case report of the first isolate identified in the United States. Clin Infect Dis. 2011 Dec 19. Epub ahead of print.
Katz AR, Buchholz AE, Hinson K, Park SY, Effler PV. Leptospirosis in Hawaii,
1999-2008. Emerg Infect Dis 2011;17:221-226.