The Hawai‘i Chapter of Delta Omega invites all interested Public Health graduate and undergraduate Students to submit an abstract for the National Delta Omega Poster Contest Display at the APHA 2017 annual meeting to be held 4-8 November, 2017, in Atlanta. Each chapter is able to select no more than 2 abstracts for the graduate student competition and 1 for the undergraduate competition.
Students whose work is selected for a national award will receive a $350 cash prize from the national Delta Omega Honor Society, which the OPHS will match for a total of $700. Student awards will be made during the Delta Omega Social Hour. In addition, students will have the opportunity to present their poster during the APHA scientific poster sessions. Student abstracts will also be published on the Delta Omega National Webpage.
All abstracts must be submitted via email for consideration to email@example.com by 17:00 (5:00 pm) Friday, April 14, 2017. No late or incomplete submissions will be accepted or considered.
1) Only student work that is completed by the submission date will be considered by the review committee
2) “Because the Delta Omega Student Poster Session is held as part of APHA’s scientific sessions, presenters must adhere to APHA’s guidelines.”
The following is taken verbatim from the APHA “Poster Session Guidelines”:
- Presenters must be individual members of APHA
- Presenters, session organizers and moderators must register for the meeting (full or one-day).
- All presenters must be registered by the Advance Registration Deadline.
- Speakers who fail to show up for their scheduled presentations without previously notifying the program planner of cancellation will not be permitted to present papers or posters at any APHA-sponsored meeting for two years following the "no-show."
Students from our department have been national Delta Omega student poster contest award winners for 8 of the past 9 years. We look forward to your submissions.
Please contact Dr. Katz if you have any questions.
This is an announcement. It was posted Mar 8, 2017 at 2:47pm and last updated Mar 15, 2017 at 12:42pm.