Honors public health students at the doctoral and master’s level with a scholarship of up to $2,000. The award may be used for UHM tuition or for international travel connected with the field-training portion of the academic program. If used for travel, the destination must be a country in the Asia-Pacific Academic Consortium for Public Health. This scholarship is for UH Manoa public health students only.
- Applicants must be full-time UHM graduate students in public health with a record of outstanding scholastic achievement.
- A three-page essay must be submitted describing what you believe to be the most important current public health issue in Hawai‘i and how it should be addressed.
- If relevant, applicants should also provide a list of publications (conference proceedings, reports, & articles), presentations (local, national, international) and awards.
To apply, the following items must be submitted to the Office of Graduate Student Academic Services (OGSAS) via email (firstname.lastname@example.org):
- The three-page essay (double-spaced);
- A letter of application which includes a list of your publications, presentations and awards, a brief explanation of how the scholarship will be utilized, and authorization for OGSAS to release your UHM transcripts and GPA to the Award Committee.
The application deadline is March 28, 2014. If you have any questions, contact OGSAS.
This is an announcement. It was posted Feb 26, 2014 at 11:21am and last updated Apr 15, 2014 at 8:48am.