Welcome! | Aloha! | Talofa! | Hafa Adai! | Kia Ora! | Kasalelia! | Malo e lelei! | Bula Vinaka!
Welcome to the Pan-Pacific Distance Learning Association
We created this site to assist Distance Learning professionals, educators, corporate trainers, and business interests in learning more about distance learning and how it can assist in training and educational endeavors in the Pacific region.
PPDLA members may access the Virtual Office, hosted in Offizezilla and linked from the navigation bar. Inside the vOffice, we engage in discusssion of current issues, maintain a current calendar of events, construct a knowledge base, and more. The PPDLA Virtual Conference Room, an unlimited-seat Elluminate Live space, is also linked therein. This space, hosted by University of Hawai`i-Manoa College of Education, allows synchrounous membership meetings and large-scale online web seminars.
The Pan-Pacific Distance Learning Association is a non-profit association formed to promote the development and application of distance learning to education and training. Among the constituents we represent and serve are K-12, education agencies, higher education, continuing education and corporate training. It is currently based in Honolulu, Hawaii with its primary geographical focus as Hawaii and the Pan-Pacific region.
- To Provide region-wide leadership to the field of distance learning.
- To advocate and promote the use of distance learning.
- To be a significant source on information on region-wide distance learning.
- To serve as a leading representative of distance learning before government policy and regulatory bodies.
- To provide recognition of the outstanding achievements in region-wide distance learning through an annual awards program.
- To provide information and case studies of successful distance learning programs through its official newsletter, other publications, and the Internet.
PPDLA is the Hawai`i state chapter of the United States Distance Learning Association.