About the PPDLA
The Pan-Pacific Distance Learning Association is a non-profit association formed to promote the development and application of distance learning to education and training. Among the constituents we represent and serve are K-12, area education agencies, higher education, continuing education and corporate training.
- Leadership: Providing region-wide leadership to the field of distance learning.
- Advocate: To advocate and promote the use of distance learning.
- Primary Source of Information: To be a significant source on information on region-wide distance learning
- Policy: To serve as a leading representative of distance learning before government policy and regulatory bodies.
- Recognition: To provide recognition of the outstanding achievements in region-wide distance learning through an annual awards program.
- Publications: To provide information and case studies of successful distance learning programs through its official newsletter, other publications, and the Internet.
- Partnerships: To serve as a catalyst for the formation of partnerships between education and business.
President - Grace Lin (Educational Technology, UHM)
President Elect - vacant
Secretary - Ariana Eichelberger (Technology & Distance Programs, UHM)
Treasurer - Curtis Ho (Educational Technology, UHM)
Past President - Mike Menchaca (Educational Technology, UHM)
At-Large Board Members:
Dorothy Goldsborough (Criminology, UHM, Professor Emerita, Chaminade University)
Susan Jaworowski (Legal Education, KCC)
Peter Leong (Educational Technology, UHM)
Elizabeth Park (Chaminade University, Honolulu)
- University of Hawai`i-Manoa College of Education, Technology & Distance Programs
- American Samoa Community College
- Kamehameha Schools Distance Learning Department
- Mid-Pacific Institute
- TIPG/PEACESAT (Pan-Pacific Education and Communication Experiments by Satellite)
- PREL (Pacific Resources for Education and Learning)
- Shriners Hospitals Honolulu
Requests to add Organization to Members List
- One member must be affiliated with organization
- Members dues must be current
- Use Virtual Office to contact PPDLA webmaster