Planning and managing the physical space of the Mānoa campus is a complex effort involving multiple departments and individuals. The Space Management Office, under the Office of Physical, Environmental, and Long Range Planning, is responsible for the inventory, utilization, and analysis of academic and administrative facilities on the main campus and at off-campus locations.The Space Management Office has the following responsibilities:
- Maintains a complete inventory of Mānoa's more than 300 buildings totalling approximately 7.6 million square feet on the main campus plus over 200 additional buildings totalling 1.45 million square feet off-site.
- Works with the Office of Facilities and Grounds to find spatial solutions to meet departmental space needs and requests.
- Plans for relocations precipitated by renovations and capital improvement projects around the campus.
- Examines, analyzes, and reports on current use of space as requested.
- Assists administration in making better use of its physical resources.
- Manages space survey projects that allow for the validation, classification, and assignment of space for the campus facilities.