OVCAA and OVCR announce the eight successful projects under the inaugural Strategic Investment Initiative.
We here present the abstracts describing the eight projects selected for funding after a highly competitive campus-wide competition. These multi-disciplinary projects are extraordinary in their potential to advance knowledge and understanding, and in their responsiveness to the challenges and opportunities afforded to us by our home, Hawaiʻi.
- Engaging Sustainability and Resilience of Island Ecosystems, Stewardship and Indigenous Sciences: Enhancing Student, Faculty and Community Capacity
- Kūʻokoʻa: Sustaining Abundant ʻĀina & Resilient Leadership
- Microbiomes of Hawaiian ahupuaʻa (ridge-to-reef) watersheds: Data acquisition and mathematical analysis to discover the basis of sustainability across vital Hawaiian landscapes
- Multilingual Multicultural Strategic Initiative
- Pikoʻokoʻo Initiative
- Strategic Monitoring And Resilience Training in the Ala Wai Watershed – SMART Ala Wai
- Symphony of the Hawaiian Birds
- UH Materials Science Consortium for Research and Education – (UH Materials Science CoRE)