Applicant Data System
APT Sample Offer Letters
- APT Offer Letter for External Selectee to an Included Position
- APT Offer Letter for External Selectee to an Excluded Postion
- APT Offer Letter for Internal Selectee to Included Position
- APT Offer Letter for Internal Selectee to an Excluded Position
APT Sample Termination Letter
- Sample Termination Letter for APT employees with security
- Sample Termination Letter for APT employees without security — Contact Manoa Human Resources
Exempt and Excluded Employees
Exempt employees are those who are appointed to and who occupy a position exempted from civil service pursuant to HRS §76-16. Exempt employees are considered “at will” employees; however, they may request and be granted return rights to a civil service position. Refer to DHRD Policy and Procedure 1000.001, Exempt Service.
- Pursuant to HRS §89-6 (f), Appropriate bargaining units, some positions (e.g. confidential) and some types of appointments (e.g. temporary, part-time) may be excluded from collective bargaining. Those employees, therefore, are not entitled to collective bargaining privileges, including certain rights and benefits afforded to bargaining unit members. Rights and benefits for these excluded employees are found in Board of Regents’ policies, University Executive Policies, Governor’s Executive Orders and Department of Human Resources Development Policies and Procedures, as appropriate. Refer to HRS §89-C for further details.
New Hire Orientation
- New Hire Orientation – Departmental Slides (May be modified for college/school/department)
Star Advertiser Advertisement